I want your Bermuda public transportation advice!!!

Veggie Burger in Paradise

Our Sept cruise to Bermuda will be our second, so we are taking the plunge and just doing maps and public transportation (ferries, buses, NCL St George ferry)! Our big three spots to see are: Unfinished Church, St Peter's, and the Crystal Caves. We are also willing walkers! Any advice on the following would be much appreciated!:

Does the NCL St George ferry stop at the Cruise terminal I see on the map in St George?

What is the best way to get to Hamilton from the Dockyard to get to the caves? (would prefer no taxis)

If you give up the good tips on getting around I promise to post picks of the elusive O2 Oceanview Forward room 13700 we are booked in !!! :')

We just came back from a cruise to Bermuda on Sunday. We used pubic transportation and it was really easy. We bought a 1 day pass and used it to get to the Aquarium and Hamilton. We tried to take the NCL ferry to St. George but it was full, so we took the high speed ferry that leaves from the Dockyard about 15 minutes later than the NCL ferry and when we arrived in St. George, people were still getting off the NCL ferry, so we didn't lose any time. Just follow the crowd and just after you start going uphill, you'll see a blue building and stairs. Go to the top of the stairs and this is where the busses leave from. I believe it was the number 11 bus that we took and there was a stop for the Crystal Caves before our stop for the Aquarium. When we were done, we took the number 7 (I think?) bus to Hamilton. It drops you at the bus station and you go right and down the hill and you'll see the ferry that take you back to the Dockyard. If you go to the information desk at the Dockyard to buy your tickets, there are a couple of people walking around that will help you with the bus numbers that you need to take. I may have the bus numbers mixed up so it's best to ask them and maybe for a bus schedule that you can take with you.

We just came back from a cruise to Bermuda on Sunday. We used pubic transportation and it was really easy. We bought a 1 day pass and used it to get to the Aquarium and Hamilton. We tried to take the NCL ferry to St. George but it was full, so we took the high speed ferry that leaves from the Dockyard about 15 minutes later than the NCL ferry and when we arrived in St. George, people were still getting off the NCL ferry, so we didn't lose any time. Just follow the crowd and just after you start going uphill, you'll see a blue building and stairs. Go to the top of the stairs and this is where the busses leave from. I believe it was the number 11 bus that we took and there was a stop for the Crystal Caves before our stop for the Aquarium. When we were done, we took the number 7 (I think?) bus to Hamilton. It drops you at the bus station and you go right and down the hill and you'll see the ferry that take you back to the Dockyard. If you go to the information desk at the Dockyard to buy your tickets, there are a couple of people walking around that will help you with the bus numbers that you need to take. I may have the bus numbers mixed up so it's best to ask them and maybe for a bus schedule that you can take with you.

Wow great stuff Mikkar! Thanks!

I may be mistaken but the bus stop in St George's is on York St. Maybe 6 buildings past St Peter's Church on your right The bus you would take to the BAMZ (aquarium) from the caves is either a route #10 or #11 bus. The bus you take from BAMZ to Hamilton is either a route #10 or #11 bus.

SBtS

I may be mistaken but the bus stop in St George's is on York St. Maybe 6 buildings past St Peter's Church on your right The bus you would take to the BAMZ (aquarium) from the caves is either a route #10 or #11 bus. The bus you take from BAMZ to Hamilton is either a route #10 or #11 bus.

SBtS

The ferry stop is on Pennos, Pennos to Water Street, walk to right down Water Street, the stairs are on the left, climb the stairs up to the building which is on Duke of York Street. Bus stop in front.

There are a couple of ways to the bus stop. That is one. Actually a short cut I used when on cruise ships docked at Pennos Wharf.

Edited by Charles4515