Bermuda Bike Trail

mizLORInj

So we want to ride bicycles on this trail but I don't want to rent at the port because that first section of road is full of traffic and dangerous IMO. Anyone rented a bicycle close to the trail? We don't care to ferry to Hamilton. . . somewhere along the main road we can taxi or bus to would be great.

TIA

So we want to ride bicycles on this trail but I don't want to rent at the port because that first section of road is full of traffic and dangerous IMO. Anyone rented a bicycle close to the trail? We don't care to ferry to Hamilton. . . somewhere along the main road we can taxi or bus to would be great.

TIA

Bump! We want to do the same thing - maybe rent a bike for a day to explore on our own. Anybody have suggestions?

I have attempted to locate cycle shops that are close to the western half of the Railway Trail. The cycle shops are:

A Oleander Cycles, Cambridge Beaches, 30 King's Point Rd, Somerset

B Oleander Cycles, Reefs Hotel Cycle Shop, 56 South Shore Rd

C Smatts Cycle Livery Limited, on property of Fairmont Southampton Hotel. 101 SouthShore Rd

D Elbow Beach Cycle, located at Elbow Beach Resort, 60 South Shore Rd

E Eves, 114 Middle Rd, Paget

F Oleander, 6 Valley Rd (off Middle Rd), Paget

Each is identified on the Railway Trail map below with a red letter. A shop with an address of Middle Road is closer to the Railway Trail than the shops that don't have that address. Also any shop with an address of Middle Road are on the route #8 bus route; the others, bus route #7.

The direct line distance from any shop to the trail should be less than a mile. Finding an access point to the trail will add distance.

enhance

SBtS