New to cruising in Bermuda

cruisingwiththe family

Where are the pink sand beaches with regards to the cruise ship?

The pink sand beaches are along the South Shore. The closest South Shore beach is Horseshoe Bay Beach. Mini-buses are the best mode of transportation to/from HSB. They run continuously during the day. The fare is $7p/p each way for door to soor service. Travel time is 25-30 minutes depending on local traffic.

SBtS

The pink sand beaches are along the South Shore. The closest South Shore beach is Horseshoe Bay Beach. Mini-buses are the best mode of transportation to/from HSB. They run continuously during the day. The fare is $7p/p each way for door to soor service. Travel time is 25-30 minutes depending on local traffic.

SBtS

Do the mini-buses also run on Saturdays and Sundays?

Thanks!

Do any of the minibuses have a lift for a wheelchair?

They don’t. Neither do the public buses. Ferry between Dockyard and Hamilton is wheelchair accessible. Below is a list of wheelchair accessible transportation from the Bermuda Tourism Authority.

Renalda Bean Sr: +1 (441) 334-8835, renetaxi1778@gmail.com

Dwight Paul: +1 (441) 332-1019

Access Bermuda Disable Transit / Keith Simmons: +1 (441) 295-9106, keithsimmons@logic.bm

Thanks for the information. However, while our family member cannot walk up steps on a bus, he can transfer to a car from his manual wheelchair (which folds). So we can take a regular taxi. We had hoped that there might be a more inexpensive option like the minibus.

Then maybe he could transfer to a minibus. Many of the minibuses are like in the photo.

acef7790792ab8ae0514344728b35c83.jpg

Edited by Charles4515

I can't tell from the photo. Do you have a photo of the other side where the doors are for passengers?

No, I don’t have a photo of the other side but the doors for the passengers are the same height as the drivers side door. There is no standard minibus but many are just 12 passenger minivans. Some are larger though. Most of the taxis now are 7 passenger minivans. So if the minibus is going to be a problem to transfer to then taxis may be a problem too. I think this is a case where you will have to determine if he can transfer to a minibus or taxi when you get there.

A minivan is not a problem (the 7 seat vehicles) for transfers because they are not that much higher than cars, although my brother can only transfer to the front seat. A full size van, which is seems that the minibuses may be, is an issue because the seat is usually much higher. Perhaps I will be able to find some photos.