Cathay Pacific to add seats to 777-300ER

TomBeckCruise

My understanding is that they are going from a 3-3-3 configuration to 3-4-3, and the width of their seats is going from about 18.5" to 17.2".

We are booked on a flight ORD-HKG next March based on 3 across. I have 2 seats in the middle section. Is that section likely to be 4 across by March?

Will the change be to all economy seats?

Cathay Pacific are well known, as in notorious, for last minute aircraft substitutions. Although it was a few years ago now I had three flights in a row where from booking up until online check-in the seatmap showed one configuration and then on the day of departure we were handed notices at the check-in desk apologizing for the old seats being onboard. They still do it to this day though...

I would recommend picking seats around a preference that would work equally on both aircraft.

Cathay Pacific are well known, as in notorious, for last minute aircraft substitutions. Although it was a few years ago now I had three flights in a row where from booking up until online check-in the seatmap showed one configuration and then on the day of departure we were handed notices at the check-in desk apologizing for the old seats being onboard. They still do it to this day though...

I would recommend picking seats around a preference that would work equally on both aircraft.

Agreed, they change a lot in my experience (and I have a lot of experience with them). My most recent unexpected change was about two months ago - they swapped out the seating chart for my MEL-HKG flight about one week before departure.