FYI:TSA Floats the Idea of a New Security Line, and Dogs are Involved

nelblu

Pardon my ignorance, but what does sniffing detect aside from drugs and explosives? Won't you still need to go through metal detector? Won't bags still have to be scanned for guns, knives, etc?

Justification of lighter screening for Global Entry is you are a known traveler who has passed a background check and is presumed a lower risk.

Explosives are the biggest risk to an airliner. Explosives is the main issue they are trying to detect and deter. With the solidified cockpit door knives and guns are not as much of a worry anymore.

I don't think you understand how a phobia works. But it's pretty unlikely that a painfully obvious fact shared by a complete stranger on the internet is the key to overcoming this....

You can talk to people you do know personally about the fear and they can help you.

Of course, if this experiment fials ,you will not have to worry about seeing dogs at the airport.

I have TSA Precheck. Mom bought it when the program did not rerquire renewals or in-person interviews. Just sign up, pay $85, and you will never take your shoes off again. Now that has changed, so people who failed to take advantage when she did will want those canine sniffers to save $85 iof they are not afraid of or allergic to dogs. But for me and her, the money goes to waste if we see dogs in our security lines.