Pinnacle or Delta Hotels

We are going to be staying in Vancouver one night pre cruise in May of 2019. It's possible we will be arriving on a late flight. Not sure if we will do an sightseeing the next day or just go to the cruise port. After reading about the lines, I'm thinking we want to be there early. Looking at the Marriott Pinnacle of Delta by Marriott. Finding good rates on both at this time. One better than the other location wise or one a better property? Thank You!

Meh - not an awful lot of difference in location (both are easy walks to the pier, but depending what if any sightseeing you choose to do on embarkation day Delta is closer to Gastown. Chinatown, Yaletown while Pinnacle is closer to English Bay, Coal Harbour, Stanley Park) but even then it's marginal - maybe 800 yards between the two hotels. Delta is cheaper for cabs from YVR though - Hastings St is the boundary at that point, so lower $31 Downtown fare applies. Boundary takes a jink south before the Pinnacle though, so it's safely inside the Canada Place $35 zone.

Living downtown I have no need to stay in hotels, so I can't comment on relative quality of room service, linens, decor etc.

We are going to be staying in Vancouver one night pre cruise in May of 2019. It's possible we will be arriving on a late flight. Not sure if we will do an sightseeing the next day or just go to the cruise port. After reading about the lines, I'm thinking we want to be there early. Looking at the Marriott Pinnacle of Delta by Marriott. Finding good rates on both at this time. One better than the other location wise or one a better property? Thank You!

Let me state first off I have never stayed in either in that I have either lived in Vancouver or stayed with family. However I have stayed at a number of Delta's in Canada.

Delta was an independent brand, then part of Fairmont when it was formed and finally sold to Marriott. The Delta banner has existed in Canada for 30+ year and is distinctly a high-end business oriented hotel. I have always been partial to Delta and would normally pick it over a Shariden any day. It gets you a high end hotel without all the silly things you can probably live without these days.

Key difference is the Delta in downtown Vancouver is an all suite hotel, you will probably have more sitting options in the room. Delta for years has prided itself on having the absolute fastest free wifi of any hotel brand. Not certain how true that is but I it has always been fast.

It is also a more central location. However they are very close.

The wife and I stayed at the Delta summer of 2016 and enjoyed it much. Great restaurant there and an indoor pool to enjoy as well. Our room looked out on the bay and we enjoyed the "pickle boat parade" at 10am every Sunday in the summer....it was fun. We had stayed at the Oswego on the other side , we had walked everywhere through town and took a water taxi once.

• 3 weeks later...

HI!

We are a loyal Marriott family. DH travels a bit for business...Marriott was one of the preferred venders for him and so he signed up with them for loyalty and has stayed with them as often as possible to rack up the points for our personal benefit for his business travel. Not an uncommon story, I'm sure. That said...we had points to spend in Vancouver and I was debating the Pinnacle and the Delta for our pre cruise stay.

We chose Delta because we are a family of 3 and I opted for the greater square footage in the Delta hotel over the Pinnacle. Other reasons that are more pertinent to a party of 3...a DOOR between the living area (pull out couch) and the bedroom area.

The room was lovely. The square footage was compartmentalized with a foyer type area, a bathroom off the foyer (very nice...rainhead walk in only shower), living area and separate bedroom. I enjoyed the decor...it was very fitting for a high end hotel.

We didn't make use of any other hotel amenities. I found the location to be very convenient. There was a lot within walking distance. I especially enjoyed being so close to Gastown and in particular the Steamworks brewing company restaurant.

I live in a downtown, on a railway and across from a new building construction, so I was not particularly bothered by the construction happening kitty corner to the hotel, but that might bother some.

$35 cab fare from airport. $5 cab fare to Canada Place.

Staff was as helpful and respectful as you could want. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• 1 month later...

Hi

We stayed at the Pinnacle on West Hastings street before our cruise in 2016. The hotel was busy and a lot of tour groups are booked in here. However our room was good and comfy beds and the reception staff were helpful and very accommodating. Eating places at fair prices closeby. About $12-15 ( Canadian) to the cruise terminal- We would stay here again if in Vancouver. A nice hotel .