Port Everglades plans $75 million terminal upgrade to handle Celebrity Edge

mahdnc

Looks like they're not planning for my business.

Think I'll stick to the S-class or consider trying HAL again.

A 75 yard lap pool???

I guess part of the day will be reserved for lap swimming only. So much for just hanging out in the pool.

I guess having an English accent makes you a better interior designer according to this video.

Good luck to the Edge class. Won't catch me on a platform hanging over the side of the ship, better check my insurance.

Looks like they're not planning for my business.

Think I'll stick to the S-class or consider trying HAL again.

A 75 yard lap pool???

I guess part of the day will be reserved for lap swimming only. So much for just hanging out in the pool.

It is a 25 yard lap pool.

Greetings

All I can say is it's about time. Terminal 25 is terrible. I am glad it is finally getting a much needed upgrade. As for the port spending the money, remember the Port of Miami is adding a brand new terminal to support RCI moving the new Oasis ships there and Port Canaveral is also looking to expand so they don't want to risk losing more cruise business.

Good Sailing

Tom

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. when they renewed their lease on their three office buildings that sit on port of Miami property had to increase capacity in Miami. Over the last few years they have and when two Oasis ships coming, I think they will meet the quota.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 7 months later...

Odd that an agreement was signed. The timing seems off. According to a CC news report, Edge will be moving to Europe for the summer season of 2019 to be home ported in Barcelona and Rome from then on. Perhaps Beyond will take it's place in Port Everglades at that time?.

Odd that an agreement was signed. The timing seems off. According to a CC news report, Edge will be moving to Europe for the summer season of 2019 to be home ported in Barcelona and Rome from then on. Perhaps Beyond will take it's place in Port Everglades at that time?.

I'm sure it wasn't done for just one ship. there will be 4 Edge class ships. Not to mention the M & S class and who knows what the future will bring us.

• 2 months later...

I just posed this question on a thread on main CC board about Port Ev construction :

"Does anyone know where port parking will be located for the updated terminal for EDGE...? Would be nice not to have to take a shuttle..."

Worst part of the old terminal was having to drop luggage, park, circle back on shuttle,.....as well as the long penned in walkway from ship to luggage area...

I just posed this question on a thread on main CC board about Port Ev construction :

"Does anyone know where port parking will be located for the updated terminal for EDGE...? Would be nice not to have to take a shuttle..."

Worst part of the old terminal was having to drop luggage, park, circle back on shuttle,.....as well as the long penned in walkway from ship to luggage area...

I found just this about parking area.... on the left side from the terminal i think....

https://res.cloudinary.com/simpleview/image/fetch/c_fill,f_auto,h_421,q_75,w_650/http://res.cloudinary.com/simpleview/image/upload/v1515014257/clients/porteverglades/GTA_Site_Flow_Diagram_FINAL_52d5224c-b3a3-4e6f-a0bb-8b1621892173.jpg

I hope it can help you :)

• 1 month later...

I look forward to boarding the Edge in April 2019. Does Celebrity have any pre-cruise motels/hotels they use in Fort Lauderdale as I plan to fly in the day before the cruise on April 20th 2019.