Expensive Transfers

Chris999999

We are visiting Antalya next month with Fred. The port is some 20km outside the town and no shuttle buses are being run, but we can buy a transfer for £24! Now put 50 people on a coach, drive them 20km and bring them back less than 4 hours later. Does this cost 50 x £24 = £1200. I don't think so - someone is making a lot of money out of this.

We will be taking a taxi which costs around the same £24, and if we find another couple to share we will even save money, but more importantly we will have flexibility with timings which a coach wouldn't give us.

We last saw this in Porto 3 or 4 years ago with a transfer costing around £20, but there you could get a tram for a few Euros and it was just as quick.

Well I suppose Fred has to keep his k.....d old boats running somehow clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Amazing how some people will pay it when an alternative is so easy. I always object to the short length of time that you can stay somewhere on these '? on your own trips'. I could be sorely tempted to pay if you were allowed a full day in the city/town though..

I agree with you. The transfer will probably leave about 08:30 so you get back by 13:00 for lunch. This means getting up 07:00 if I want a decent breakfast.

I shall be getting up nearer 08:00, followed by a leisurely breakfast and getting a taxi sometime around 09:30. A look around for an hour followed by coffee (and a brandy?), more sightseeing and/or shopping and then a light lunch - perhaps some fish at a restaurant in the harbour followed by a little more sightseeing/shopping. By this time it must be time for a drink in a little bar, and then I suppose I'll need to think about getting back to the ship.

It will be a hard day!

All three of the cruise lines we've sailed with have charged ridiculous prices for "This Town On Your Own" type coach trips - a glorified return bus journey.

I expect all other lines will be the same.

This outfit do transfers from Anatalya airport - worth contacting to see if they'll accommodate you from the cruise berth - can't see why not, business is business.

https://www.hoppa.com/en/resorthoppa

Of course their price may not be much cheaper.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

The only reason to book a transfer or tour with Fred is that if the return coach is delayed the captain will wait for you,where he may not if you have made your own arrangements. Personally, we like to make our own arrangements wherever it is practicable.

Pugash123