Key West?

brepri_h

I'm asking for my mother who is cruising to Key West and Cozumel on the Victory at the end of October. We're assuming they will be skipping Key West but have not heard any official word. Last I heard Key West is closed indefinitely. Has anyone heard anything different?

I have a follow up question- I have a cruise planned for 10/14-10/21 going KW, Nassau & Freeport. If KW is not open, is there any way that we may get a replacement of HMC or would they just sub another sea day? I don't care either way, just curious mostly. As long as Galveston is open, I'm cruising. (I'm totally not trying to be insensitive towards people who have lost literally everything in the Hurricanes)

I have a follow up question- I have a cruise planned for 10/14-10/21 going KW, Nassau & Freeport. If KW is not open, is there any way that we may get a replacement of HMC or would they just sub another sea day? I don't care either way, just curious mostly. As long as Galveston is open, I'm cruising. (I'm totally not trying to be insensitive towards people who have lost literally everything in the Hurricanes)

It bugs me to no end that people feel the need to apologize for stuff like this just because other people try to shame folks into feeling the way they feel about things. As though we can't have more than one thing on our minds.

Edit: I'm not at all irritated with you, scoggins. It's with the people who jump down someone else's throat for not sitting in sackcloth and ashes because islands got hit pretty hard.

I don't think you are being insensitive at all. My mom thinks they might just dock overnight in Cozumel and spend an extra day there instead of adding a different port. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

It bugs me to no end that people feel the need to apologize for stuff like this just because other people try to shame folks into feeling the way they feel about things. As though we can't have more than one thing on our minds.

Edit: I'm not at all irritated with you, scoggins. It's with the people who jump down someone else's throat for not sitting in sackcloth and ashes because islands got hit pretty hard.

Agree- that is why I put out the disclaimer, just to head that off at the pass :D