Question about laundry

CTG2001

is there a laundry service like there is on main line cruise ships?

Certain ships might offer laundry service for an additional fee. Google the name of your ship and "laundry service."

It seems at least the Fram and the Midnatsol do. [edit] As I can't find information on other ship it might be that this is because they do explorer voyages?

Laundry A laundry service is available on board the MS Midnatsol for an additional cost. Self-service laundry is available on MS Midnatsol. No dry-cleaning is possible on any ship.
Source Edited by Wembley Fraggle

Certain ships might offer laundry service for an additional fee. Google the name of your ship and "laundry service."

It seems at least the Fram and the Midnatsol do. [edit] As I can't find information on other ship it might be that this is because they do explorer voyages?

Source

Hi to both, thanks.

I am sailing on the Nordkapp in October so I will have a further google search but I am hoping a laundry service is available, at a moderate cost of course!

Thanks,

cruisajohn.

I am sailing on the Nordkapp in October so I will have a further google search but I am hoping a laundry service is available, at a moderate cost of course!.

Quite sure you'll only find self-service laundry on board MS Nordkapp.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When I was on the MS Trollfjord there was only the self service laundry. It was easy to use; I primarily used it to wash up underwear and socks and one or two long sleeved T-shirts. You purchase tokens for the washing machine from the front desk; drying was free.

I agree with the PPs, I would not assume there to be laundry service on the Nordkapp. Yes to laundry service on Fram, Midnatsol (and maybe Spitsbergen) on their explorer voyages / expedition cruises but for the other ships in regular service (B-K-B) I would not assume that laundry service is offered. And if it was the cost would more than likely not be moderate.

Now the cost for self service laundry should be moderate so that would be your better option.