whats the first thing you do when you board the ship?

kroozerj

OMG I guess I'm not normal...:o

I clean the cabin. And I mean clean all surfaces. With Lysol wipes. And Windex. After I relax with a nice glass of white wine.

When we first get on board we go and have lunch, and look around the ship and take pictures. As soon as the cabins are ready we go to the cabin. My DH knows the drill, nothing gets unpack from our carry on until I wipe down all surfaces with Lysol or Clorax wipes, including the remote (So I must not be normal either). Once we do the life boat drill and our suitcases are unpacked and everything is put away I consider my self officially on vacation.

Agreed! Better safe than sorry :). DH has had noro twice while traveling (once on cruise, once at resort in Jamaica- he was very very sick in Jamaica, and had to have an IV!!!), and I've had it once on a cruise. We are now very cautious (lots of hand washing and sanitizer and try to never touch the railings on the staircase).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Slightly off the subject, but just had to get this off my chest. When we go to the buffet, we use the hand sanitizers when we enter, and again before sitting at the table. It grosses me out seeing so many people in line nibbling off their plate, and licking their fingers, just knowing they're not done filling their plate, and will touch the serving spoons and tongs, laced with their saliva, and whatever else the hundreds of hands prior have touched. Ew, ew, eww!!!

I think I just convinced myself to never eat at another buffet again, ever! LOL!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If the room is ready we drop off our luggage (DH prefers to keep his luggage with him until he can drop it off in the room himself). Then we hit the buffet. Since I'll be eating whatever my heart desires.. I always get myself a salad on the first day so I don't feel guilty. Lol.

• 3 weeks later...
OMG I guess I'm not normal...:o

I clean the cabin. And I mean clean all surfaces. With Lysol wipes. And Windex.

After I relax with a nice glass of white wine.

Hahahahaha thats too funny! I do that too, clean, neatly unpack, then I go explore ;)

It's also a good thing to explore the kids room (Adventure Ocean on RC ) and sign up on the first day so the kids can feel excited to join in. They usually give you or the kids a lanyard which is VERY useful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First thing I always do is head to the gym. I know it may sound odd, but I really enjoy how completely empty it is and I always feel good about getting this first workout in and not having to rush through it or wait for certain equipment to free up.

Next, change out of gym clothes and find lunch (I usually avoid the buffets for many of the reasons cited earlier).

After lunch, the room is open and I also wipe down all of the surfaces (happy to read I'm not the only one!), change into my bathing suit and then head up to the pool deck for relaxation and my first drink of the day!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I usually head straight to my cabin, unpack my luggage, and take a nap. After a day of travel and rushing through airports to get to the cruise, it's great to have finally arrived on vacation, and have no one tell you what to do, and take a breather. Then I get alarmed by the lifeboat drill!

After the muster drill, I head to the nearest café, grab a snack and a window, and watch the ship sail away from the port. I try to avoid the rowdy drunken crowds by the pool deck. After that, I start exploring the ship, and find out what fun I can immerse myself into!

On Princess, the first thing I'm going to do is turn on the TV and let that Safety Video play all the way through. You can't watch anything else until that plays. I guess they want to make sure you see it but it's annoying, especially when you've got over 100 episodes of "Love Boat" on demand to watch! :)