Any news re "Loyalty" programme changes?

Eglesbrech

P&O were supposed to be looking at the loyalty scheme last year and then it all went quiet. Has anyone heard any scuttle about when / if it will change and what the changes might be?

I have read it will come out at the end of the world cruise.

However which Year that was was not indicated.

:)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was told it would be after the world cruises (a year later than originally suggested). I was also told that they were changing the way points are accrued between select v saver and other criteria such as cabin grade. I won't hold my breath though [emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our next cruise - not till January 2018 - we reach the exalted heights of Baltic! I'm sure we won't stay there for long though. We have a cruise booked for September 2018 and on the Cruise Personaliser it still refers to us a Baltic but after that who knows. I can't see us keeping up the number of nights we need to cruise during the next year to stay there. Of course, if before next January P&O alter things, we may find we're not Baltic any more! Mind you after the row there was when they last changed things when some members were just about to reach Gold level and were something like 5 points short and then got put down a level, I would think P&O won't want the same arguing again.

What's the significance of waiting til the World Cruise is over?

Cos that's when someone said we would hear. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 6 months later...

I have bumped this back up again as the gossip was that there would be an announcement after the world cruise then I seem to remember that November was also mentioned.

Anyway nothing announced so far.

My personal theory is that they have annoyed so many passengers already this year with a couple of fairly major customer service disasters (illegally taking money from customers bank accounts/ credit cards and taking too long to return it; cancelling Adonia cruises, taking too long to return deposits and bumping up the prices on the alternatives) they are shying away from adding potential salt to the wounds by making radical changes that will, as such always changes do, annoy at least someone.

Has anyone heard anything else whilst onboard recently?

They have more important things to worry about than loyalty schemes such as trying to claw back all the dollar income they lost because of the fall in the pound. As changing the loyalty scheme would make it less generous it would just irritate people more.

I was told it would be after the world cruises (a year later than originally suggested). I was also told that they were changing the way points are accrued between select v saver and other criteria such as cabin grade. I won't hold my breath though [emoji854]

RC give double points if you sail in a Junior Suite or higher cabin and triple points for single travellers in those cabins and double points in lower grade cabins.

Maybe they might do something similar.

I can only guess but maybe they will overhaul the loyalty to include things like a free minibar set up or free room service for some grades of cabin or loyalty levels - to do anything like this they would need to have implemented all the change that needed to come first.

Last we heard was that there will be an announcement in November, it's certainly one of the most over-running projects I've known, they told us on this site it would be announced summer 2016 [emoji23]

I seem to remember that Holland America give you points for your onboard spending which helps to bump up your total. Maybe they will do that.

Seeing as they give you a discount for on-board spend after certain levels (which few other lines do), I would doubt it. I would much rather retain the 5% and up discount on my horrendous bar bills!

Seeing as they give you a discount for on-board spend after certain levels (which few other lines do), I would doubt it. I would much rather retain the 5% and up discount on my horrendous bar bills!

They might give you the discount on everything you buy rather than only on the amount after your OBC has been used up.

Ah, but they may introduce a drinks package / all inclusive option which makes the percentage discount less valuable or of no value at all.

We are Elite + on Celebrity and the free bar before dinner was a great perk - until they gave us all free drinks packages! Now it is all but worthless.

I feel your pain re the bar bills :)

Ah, but they may introduce a drinks package / all inclusive option which makes the percentage discount less valuable or of no value at all.

We are Elite + on Celebrity and the free bar before dinner was a great perk - until they gave us all free drinks packages! Now it is all but worthless.

I feel your pain re the bar bills :)

The best perks on Royal Caribbean is the Diamond Lounge for higher loyalty members where we have a 3 hour cocktails nightly event with unlimited drinks.

The best perks on Royal Caribbean is the Diamond Lounge for higher loyalty members where we have a 3 hour cocktails nightly event with unlimited drinks.

Like Celebrity most early bookers now get a free drinks package so the Diamond lounge perks are worth less. That said I still like the lounge for the peace and quiet and the nice snacks.

Like Celebrity most early bookers now get a free drinks package so the Diamond lounge perks are worth less. That said I still like the lounge for the peace and quiet and the nice snacks.

They have bumped the prices up to cover the cost of the free drinks package which is a disadvantage to us who drink little alcohol except in the DL.

Nothing in life is "free" it is included in the price of the cruise fare.

Not true if you have to book on launch to secure an accessible cabin, most free drink perks start after the launch discounts have been dropped, and this time the Diamond drinks could be ordered in the dining rooms and shared with friends. Since I only drink in the evening and then rarely more than 2 and our grats. were prepaid, our on board account was the lowest we have ever had.;p

RCI's free days internet surf is also worth having, but I would prefer Celebrities free 90 minutes per person, last 14nt cruise with them we used the internet for part of every day, and still had some time left at the end of the cruise.

Not true if you have to book on launch to secure an accessible cabin, most free drink perks start after the launch discounts have been dropped, and this time the Diamond drinks could be ordered in the dining rooms and shared with friends. Since I only drink in the evening and then rarely more than 2 and our grats. were prepaid, our on board account was the lowest we have ever had.;p

RCI's free days internet surf is also worth having, but I would prefer Celebrities free 90 minutes per person, last 14nt cruise with them we used the internet for part of every day, and still had some time left at the end of the cruise.

I was not aware of that as we don't tend to book quite that early. Yes we have had vouchers in the past which could be used outwith the lounge, very handy if you don't have a package.