Msc Seaside babycare

Mycykfamilytime

The OP's posted hours are what is currently offered on Divina, I would guess Seaside may be the same. Additionally, it is only on sea days.

Thanks for the info. It just seems very funny it's just 1 hour at a time. I bet the previous poster is on to something. I bet they are kid's meal times and they're sneaking the babies in then. Ok... so as I see it, it's just Disney, certain RCI ships and NCL Escape that has drop off nurseries. Am I missing someone?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the info. It just seems very funny it's just 1 hour at a time. I bet the previous poster is on to something. I bet they are kid's meal times and they're sneaking the babies in then. Ok... so as I see it, it's just Disney, certain RCI ships and NCL Escape that has drop off nurseries. Am I missing someone?

Carnival sneaks the babies in on some days too. typically before the Camp opens to the regular age groups. We attempted to leave our son at the kids club on Carnival when he was 18 months. We had to come back because he cried and they called us on the phone. He was the only kid there and I dont think the counselors knew what to do with him!

From Carnival's site-

• Sea Days: There are limited times throughout the cruise for ‘Under 2' time. During these times, parents have the option of leaving their child in the care of the Youth Staff (fees apply: $6.75 USD per hour plus a 15% gratuity, per child) – or - they can stay and use the camp facility at no charge. This time is designated for the use of 'Under 2’s' and their parents only. Check onboard for specific times offered. Hours may vary due to cruise itineraries.

And the way it was pitched to me, Babytime, was supposed to be more like what Royal and Disney do. But it seems as though MSC's muddy communication has us all wondering what it will really be!

Edited by Sunkissed Mommy

Well thanks for the info! I'd like to do Carnival because it's cheaper and I think some of the cabins for my multigenerational family makes more sense, but I know I'll need a break from my toddler and I need a little more info on when I can drop him off to get really excited about the cruise... haha I love them all but I want a vacation too!!!

Thanks for the deck plans!! I should just call them. I’m getting a great deal on a seaside family balcony suite and I’d love to try them but would really like some baby care.

I’m not sure that calling MSC will get you the right answer, sadly!

Look! They’ve changed the babysitting hours just since we’ve been talking about it! b85c138baa1c535a58124e7252190e2b.jpg

So, 3 hours mid day and one hour in the evening. Personally I’d much rather those 3 hours be at dinner time so we can eat a little more leisurely!!

But I will take what I can get!

So I called them and the supervisor said yes there would be a drop off baby club available all day with hours listed on the paper. However, I would rather see it in print before booking. I wish I could have talked to the supervisor directly.

I am going to hope and assume they are right. This ship is designed for the U.S. market and if they are truly trying to appeal to Americans they're going to want to offer things that other cruise lines have (Royal, Disney, NCL Escape).

We've done cruises with our older son and even the baby (in August) that didn't have baby care and we made it work. However the nurseries are really convenient for mealtimes!

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone else following along on this thread...I contacted Matteo Mancini, Head Youth Coordinator for MSC. He got back to me right away and was super helpful. He said the the Seaside will have Baby-time AND Baby-care hours from 9-1 and 3-10, free of charge. He did say the only exception to this would be in high season when there are tons of babies. He said they would split baby time and baby care hours 50/50.

So, it depends on where you access the info. If you get to the baby care section one way it shows 1-2, if you get to it another way it shows 11-2. Haha. I can’t remember which is which off the top of my head. I think that the extra baby care hours will only be on the Seaside. I’m going to reach out to him again and see if he’ll update the website. Or, at least the info on the Seaside.