re meat pies

Washed down with a nice, well chilled bottle of Pinot Grigio or perhaps even Prosecco. :halo:

Lubbly Jubbly, I can taste it from here.

Sorry Uncle Les,when I

said here,I meant the UK.I confuse myself sometimes.Back in the UK next week for 10 days for my 65th party,then I get my state pension.Youngsters in the UK now have to work till 68 for that and its going up all the time.Thats ok for penpushers but not brickies and plumbers.Rant over,lol,cheers,Brian.

Sorry Uncle Les,when I

said here,I meant the UK.I confuse myself sometimes.Back in the UK next week for 10 days for my 65th party,then I get my state pension.Youngsters in the UK now have to work till 68 for that and its going up all the time.Thats ok for penpushers but not brickies and plumbers.Rant over,lol,cheers,Brian.

Happy 65th for next week Brian. State Pension ? Enjoy that too. does not happen in OZ, one is means tested, I am 69, don't get it nor does my wife, although we paid taxes for 40 years as I have what you would call a 'private pension' or superannuation pension from my previous career. My income also knocks my wife out of a 'State Pension.' But don't get me started.

Pension age is going up here too, like you said, how can you expect a brickie or a plumber to be out there breaking their backs when they are 70? :evilsmile:

PS Do the Italian and British Governments tax you twice on your State Pension as you live overseas part of the time? As long as you have enough pounds and euros to cruise and have the odd meat pie, you will be fine.:p

Happy 65th for next week Brian. State Pension ? Enjoy that too. does not happen in OZ, one is means tested, I am 69, don't get it nor does my wife, although we paid taxes for 40 years as I have what you would call a 'private pension' or superannuation pension from my previous career. My income also knocks my wife out of a 'State Pension.' But don't get me started.

Pension age is going up here too, like you said, how can you expect a brickie or a plumber to be out there breaking their backs when they are 70? :evilsmile:

PS Do the Italian and British Governments tax you twice on your State Pension as you live overseas part of the time? As long as you have enough pounds and euros to cruise and have the odd meat pie, you will be fine.:p

Thanks Uncle Les,no tax fortunately.I don't achieve the threshold with my meagre combo of state and private pensions,cheers,Brian.

Washed down with a nice, well chilled bottle of Pinot Grigio or perhaps even Prosecco. :halo:

Lubbly Jubbly, I can taste it from here.

Double up the booze and I will grab a Large Game Pie and a Stilton from the Windsor Farm Shop.The lady who owns the Castle also owns the shop.Produce is outstanding, a bit like Harrods with prices to match. Our cousins in Windsor say you have to be a Peer or a Plumber to be able to shop there lol.clear.png?emoji-tearsjoy-1678clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

Double up the booze and I will grab a Large Game Pie and a Stilton from the Windsor Farm Shop.The lady who owns the Castle also owns the shop.Produce is outstanding, a bit like Harrods with prices to match. Our cousins in Windsor say you have to be a Peer or a Plumber to be able to shop there lol.clear.png?emoji-tearsjoy-1678clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

Yeah,but the game has been shot and hung by the Duke personally,lol.

Mr Gut recommends Darby's Fresh Bake, Central Coast and Newcastle, NSW.

Pies and cakes. Very reasonable prices indeed.

www.darbyspies.com[/quote Have not tried the Produce but will certainly do so the next time I venture North. Well done Uncle Les on rebooting the thread, give yourself a reward of 2 Sausage Rolls and a Puffy Dog.clear.png?emoji-tearsjoy-1678

Mr Gut recommends Darby's Fresh Bake, Central Coast and Newcastle, NSW.

Pies and cakes. Very reasonable prices indeed.

www.darbyspies.com[/quote Have not tried the Produce but will certainly do so the next time I venture North. Well done Uncle Les on rebooting the thread, give yourself a reward of 2 Sausage Rolls and a Puffy Dog.:')

Wish I could mate, but full of Wheat/Gluten, (Pastry) would make me crook as Rookwood. I could just suck on the tomato sauce sachet.:o

But do not be worried about me, having a Jase's GF Pie and GF Sausage Roll for lunch, just taken them out of the freezer, into the oven for 30 minutes and bingo. (Buy them in Woolies.)

Wish I could mate, but full of Wheat/Gluten, (Pastry) would make me crook as Rookwood. I could just suck on the tomato sauce sachet.:o

But do not be worried about me, having a Jase's GF Pie and GF Sausage Roll for lunch, just taken them out of the freezer, into the oven for 30 minutes and bingo. (Buy them in Woolies.)

At least you have it all sorted.

McKay and Boys were out at Parramatta. :halo:

I’ll ask Mrs Gut that’s her old stomping grounds, but she isn’t a pie expert like her hubby. Her family is a a bit like that, she probably didn’t eat them tell I got her and taught her about the good stuff.

Okey Doke then, some Saturday arvo pie nostalgia....Harrys Café De Wheels was established in 1938 and originally supplied with pies by Sargents of Darlinghurst, later they were supplied by McKay and Boys and for the past 15 years by Hannahs (Harrys) of Ultimo.

So in our wild misspent youth when we visited Harrys pie cart at Wooloomooloo we would have scoffed down either a Sargents Pie or McKay and Boys Pie. !!

These days McKay and Boys is owned by Balfours Bakeries of Milperra, NSW. McKay and Boys Pies were originally established in 1905. Have a look at the site, with history and the menu pics will have you salivating.

www.harryscafedewheels.com.au

Okey Doke then, some Saturday arvo pie nostalgia....Harrys Café De Wheels was established in 1938 and originally supplied with pies by Sargents of Darlinghurst, later they were supplied by McKay and Boys and for the past 15 years by Hannahs (Harrys) of Ultimo.

So in our wild misspent youth when we visited Harrys pie cart at Wooloomooloo we would have scoffed down either a Sargents Pie or McKay and Boys Pie. !!

These days McKay and Boys is owned by Balfours Bakeries of Milperra, NSW. McKay and Boys Pies were originally established in 1905. Have a look at the site, with history and the menu pics will have you salivating.

www.harryscafedewheels.com.au

That menu looks great, especially the seafood pie.Surpasses anything in the UK, but where's the kate and sydney.

Sort of got it sorted old son, after having had the dreaded Coeliac since 2010.

So what does normal beer, bread cakes and pies taste like? :(:loudcry:

Just great but for you Uncle Les a pack of Ryvita and a 4lt Flagon of Scrumpy will have to suffice. Noons Pies were bigger than 4n20 in Melbourne when I was a lad. Haven't seen any posts from the Essex Plumber lately do you think the Mafia might have done him harm?