Canadians where do you book for best rates /perks?

Sunsetters

I am trying to check pricing on the Celebrity website in US $$$ It will only show CDN dollars. As CDN I book in US dollars. Can someone tell me how I can change the currency to show pricing in US dollars. Thank you
Go to the bottom of the page and indicate US in the country

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L05 using Tapatalk

Go to the bottom of the page and indicate US in the country

Thank you. I did scroll down originally but that tiny little drop down arrow way at the bottom was hard to see LOL :) got it now. Thanks again

Thank you. I did scroll down originally but that tiny little drop down arrow way at the bottom was hard to see LOL :) got it now. Thanks again
Not very many things are easy with the website until explained. Glad it's working for you now.

I

Do you know if the big online CAD agency can accept a booking if it is made onboard in US funds or is it better to book onboard in CAD?

Thank you :)

It depends on how the exchange rate behaves in the future. Here in Mexico it is currently best to book in pesos as the exchange rate tends to go up because of the uncertainty in the markets. The offices of Celebrity in Mexico issue the ticket in pesos which gives me certainty in what I have to pay.

Decided to switch to Canadian TA -- and glad we have. Now have 2 cruises booked which have both had price drops. In one case our original price is still lower than the price drops and in the other the TA went to bat over a big drop after final payment and we are very happy with the result!

Was the switch made to an online Canadian TA, or is it a local agency?

I always book directly through Celebrity. I like to monitor the price drops myself and will normally book in CAD $$. Especially now as I don't think our dollar is going to rise much

I do like the idea of having full control over a booking if booking directly with Celebrity, but some of these crazy (as in crazy good) OBC bonuses I hear about are intriguing and I'd like to find those in Canada!

I do like the idea of having full control over a booking if booking directly with Celebrity, but some of these crazy (as in crazy good) OBC bonuses I hear about are intriguing and I'd like to find those in Canada!
I never had much luck looking for the xtra OBC offering TAs either. I tried a couple of US on line ones but the extra OBC was only small and it was all priced in USD which I figured there was more risk in. I like to book and know what I am going to pay. Even a 5% swing in the exchange range could more than wipe out any free OBC. As far as Canadian ones that large big box store is the only one I found that would reward you with gift card. It's a good deal but they don't take AMEX and between my point on the CC and the free travel insurance on it I just didn't see where it was worth it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

Would have saved $ if we had waited and booked later. Will not book so early next time.

That strategy sometimes works... and sometimes it doesn't. I've scored some good deals by waiting to book until after Final Payment date. In 2016 I had 3 different cruises I was interested in and luckily one dropped in price (although the cabin choices were limited). This past summer I played the waiting game and lost. The cruise I was looking at didn't drop in price until it was too late (too close to sail date and cost of flights was sky high). If you have flexibility and aren't picky about your cabin it's a good way to go.

I never had much luck looking for the xtra OBC offering TAs either. I tried a couple of US on line ones but the extra OBC was only small and it was all priced in USD which I figured there was more risk in. I like to book and know what I am going to pay. Even a 5% swing in the exchange range could more than wipe out any free OBC. As far as Canadian ones that large big box store is the only one I found that would reward you with gift card. It's a good deal but they don't take AMEX and between my point on the CC and the free travel insurance on it I just didn't see where it was worth it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

The only way I have found to book in Canadian funds with a US TA is to book onboard and then transfer the booking. I have not been able to book directly with the TA in Canadian funds. I find that the extra perks are definitely worth it.

The only way I have found to book in Canadian funds with a US TA is to book onboard and then transfer the booking. I have not been able to book directly with the TA in Canadian funds. I find that the extra perks are definitely worth it.

I use a US TA and book directly with them in CAD. There are a few US TA's that can book in either USD or CAD. I ask my TA for the pricing in both currencies then decide to book in which ever one i think is the best bet at that time. The perks are definitely better with a US TA. They have volume on their side and hence can pass benefits along to their clients.