UPGRADE TO PREMIUM..Is it possible? Yea or Nay!!

garda

Oh my Goodness! Third time I call and they will not upgrade to Premium unless you pay for the complete package!! Why would anyone book Aurea then???

If anyone on this board know who I need to contact, I will appreciate it!

FYI- Divina Feb 15- Aurea Balcony and want to upgrade beverage package to premium

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was able to upgrade my aurea package on my January 2018 divina cruise after being told it wasn’t possible to do before hand or onboard. I had my TA call MSC again and reference the upgrade code listed earlier on in the thread to have it done and with the code reference I was able to have the upgrade done and it now shows up on my booking. For us it was $8 pppd for the 10 day cruise. So unfortunately I don’t know who to talk to other than your TA if you used one but can confirm it can be done on the divina as I did it 2 weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too was able to upgrade through the above TA I did book through her for a May 2018 cruise on the seaside with the AUREA

SCCARSO1−SERVICE CHARGE − to prepay tips

536UPGAD−UPGRADE 534 − 536 −

you want to upgrade from code 534 to code 536 Premium drink as I stated before the cost was $8.00 a day

Lol!!! I am the travel agent !!! I turn to my cruise critic experts when in need because you folks are simply the best!!

Once again got nowhere today!!! Spoke to supervisors, agents, beverage package reps , gave them the code, no luck.... told me to call back!

I will not surrender on this!!!

Thank You Everyone. Much appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

TBH, the facility to upgrade prior to embarkation has only been introduced relatively recently so I misspoke in my last post about it being added onto the onboard account. I was thinking generally about how pre-booked items aren't charged for us in Ireland until onboard - sorry.clear.png?emoji-embarrass-1727

I would email them @ mscdirect@msccruises.co.uk - I imagine you'll get a reply from Stuart Chalmers. He's great to deal with. Just inform them that you're looking to upgrade from 534 to 536 and ask what it will cost. If you're on a 7 night cruise with Euros as the currency onboard, the difference in price is €24 pppd = €336 for 2 pax.

Excellent stuff, happened as you said it would even with Stuart responding. €7 PPPD.

Thanks

Chris

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Currently Aurea balcony on Fantasia for 7 nights from Guadeloupe in January 2018.

Requested prices from MSC with regards upgrading to Premium/deluxe drinks package - £19pppn. £266 total for 2 persons.

Considering we are ashore everyday seems they must be making a tidy profit!

Mind you, 38 'premium' brandys per night = only 50p extra each shot!

I think there is a problem with the way you are thinking they do not charge you the difference but the whole cost of the premium drink. in other words if the upgraded drink is $10. you pay the $10. they forget you have the drink package.