Sip and sail Nightmare

ALFLAFA

We never have MINIMAL OBC when using a TA. It's usually pretty sizable. I prefer booking with a TA because I have one person I can talk to each and every time I need to have something done, where that's not the case when booking with the cruise line. You get to a call center and a different person every time.

I never talk to a call center with Princess - I have a Princess Vacation Planner that I can call directly and e-mail directly -they are always prompt in returning calls and e-mails.

We never have MINIMAL OBC when using a TA. It's usually pretty sizable. I prefer booking with a TA because I have one person I can talk to each and every time I need to have something done, where that's not the case when booking with the cruise line. You get to a call center and a different person every time.

I never talk to a call center with Princess - I have a Princess Vacation Planner that I can call directly and e-mail directly -they are always prompt in returning calls and e-mails.

Thanks everyone for answering why a TA might be a good alternative to direct booking. I consider myself a nice guy, but to be honest, I am very anal and controlling when I travel. I love traveling and really get into it when planning a trip and because of that I would probably drive a TA crazy. I kinda think I might earn my way into heaven by leaving all the TA's of this world in peace.

Thanks everyone for answering why a TA might be a good alternative to direct booking. I consider myself a nice guy, but to be honest, I am very anal and controlling when I travel. I love traveling and really get into it when planning a trip and because of that I would probably drive a TA crazy. I kinda think I might earn my way into heaven by leaving all the TA's of this world in peace.

LOL!

You have described me to a tee. I did however put those same anal qualities into selecting a TA. She has been fantastic to work with and assures me I'm not a PITA. 😀

So there is hope out there for you!

I know the problem was resolved which is awesome for you folks. I hope you have an excellent trip. What the learning moment is HOW did the problem occur? Did the TA drop the ball, Princess, Clients? I would be interested so I do not get into the same circumstance. Thanks

We are not certain how it happened however we are thinking [emoji848] the TA asked if the fair had dropped and we assume that spurred the chain of events!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
Apparently we just found out they changed are room to the back of the ship [emoji568]

Always mark your cabin do not upgrade if you want to keep your location.

What you can do now is see if there is another cabin in your new category available.

If so, you can move to that cabin.

Good luck

I start off booking ALL of my reservations with Princess Direct, then about a week before final payment I decide if I’m turning it over to a TA to take advantage of any lower fares, OBC, etc.

I thought you only had a few weeks after booking to turn over to a TA.

The Premium Beverage Package replaced the All Inclusive Beverage Package a few months ago. Every that has the AIBP booked has been converted to the PBP. The Sip and Sail promo included the AIBP for the first two passengers and the unlimited soda and more for the third and fourth passengers. Don't know if your daughter drinks coffee, tea, energy drinks or bottled water but with the PBP but she will be eligible for these as well as sodas and mocktails.

My booking still says "All Inclusive Beverage Package" under my booking that was made last June for a 2018 sailing.

We’re grateful that we get to go on the Cruise it’ll be great . Like the idea of booking direct than turning it over to a TA prior to final payment

The nice thing about doing it this way is that each time a new promo comes out you can call Princess, have them do the math and decide which promo is better for you. I originally booked my June British Isles cruise under sip n sail, but when three for free came out it was a better deal for us as we aren’t big drinkers so included gratuity, OBC, upgraded cabin) so Princess agent made change.

Honestly at this stage of the process I know what I’m doing and what I want, and do not need a third party involved where things can get messed up as yours did

Good point we have been on about 35 cruises and it’s never been a issue and in the past have booked direct a few times however your system appeals to us now after this Rodeo .

I have not read every post on this thread, but your TA should have sent you a Booking Confirmation with all the extras you received at the time of original booking. Your TA will have a copy. If your current BC is different from the original, your TA should have sent you the revised Booking Confirmation. The TA will also have an Agency Copy of the BC showing commisionable fare and their commission. It will also have the promotions and ncluded in the Payment Dtails section.