A Question for Bonnie Re: Qatar

Marmaduke

I am on the Arabian Gulf Cruise departing 14 Nov. 2017. Will the ship still be visiting Doha in Qatar, on 21 November or does the current political situation prevent cruise ships from calling at Qatar ? I am just wondering whether to order some currency (Rials) for that port. If the answer is no what other ports are likely to be the substitute, if any ?

Bonnie will answer the question about the itinerary I am sure but I can say from experience unless you are in a very remote part of Qatar they are happy to take US dollars so I never carry local currency these days

Thank you, uktog for the advice regarding the acceptance of US dollars. I have ordered some UAE dirhams for Dubai and Abu Dhabi but will take a supply of US dollars for the other ports. Worst case, I expect there are money changers in the souks.

Thank you, uktog for the advice regarding the acceptance of US dollars. I have ordered some UAE dirhams for Dubai and Abu Dhabi but will take a supply of US dollars for the other ports. Worst case, I expect there are money changers in the souks.

Oh you will find them there but in typical fashion in that region, you may well not need them - if there is a deal to be done with that stallholder, it will be done. The only thing that might change things is some very recent external event that makes one currency less favourable all of a sudden,