Bkfst/lunch main dining room dress code

Evkalyn

I'm probably considered "old-fashioned" now too, but I prefer to think of it as "old-school". ;) I don't think it's acceptable to wear pajamas in public. I don't think it's asking too much for someone to put on clean clothing when dining in a public venue.

Agreed [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(---> putting on second batch of popcorn)

Because if you wear your pajamas to the Horizon Court you will be shedding the detritus and debris of your night's sleep--or your night's non-sleep activity--amongst your fellow passengers and the food they will be serving themselves. Disgusting much?

What if they use hand sanitizer on their bottoms before sitting?:p

Because if you wear your pajamas to the Horizon Court you will be shedding the detritus and debris of your night's sleep--or your night's non-sleep activity--amongst your fellow passengers and the food they will be serving themselves. Disgusting much?

i dont own pjs so i cannot speak for those who do. but for those who do. wouldnt they do the non sleep activities without the pjs on? :)

so since i sleep nakee does that mean that if i put pjs on that i'm cleaner than those who do sleep in them? hmm almost makes sense that i buy some and wear them to buffet then

i dont own pjs so i cannot speak for those who do. But for those who do. Wouldnt they do the non sleep activities without the pjs on? :)

so since i sleep nakee does that mean that if i put pjs on that i'm cleaner than those who do sleep in them? Hmm almost makes sense that i buy some and wear them to buffet then

:) Too funny!

i dont own pjs so i cannot speak for those who do. but for those who do. wouldnt they do the non sleep activities without the pjs on? :)

so since i sleep nakee does that mean that if i put pjs on that i'm cleaner than those who do sleep in them? hmm almost makes sense that i buy some and wear them to buffet then

Maybe you didn't realize it but PJ's are required on all cruise ships.

then i was very overdressed last time i was on a ship. one night i even had dress pants on! i guess i gotta get to WM tonight and get some PJs before embarking tomorrow. i dont wanna feel out of place:evilsmile:

I'm probably considered "old-fashioned" now too, but I prefer to think of it as "old-school". ;) I don't think it's acceptable to wear pajamas in public. I don't think it's asking too much for someone to put on clean clothing when dining in a public venue.

Agreed! (y)

i dont own pjs so i cannot speak for those who do. But for those who do. Wouldnt they do the non sleep activities without the pjs on? :)

so since i sleep nakee does that mean that if i put pjs on that i'm cleaner than those who do sleep in them? Hmm almost makes sense that i buy some and wear them to buffet then

roflmao

What if they use hand sanitizer on their bottoms before sitting?:p

You have been on these threads long enough to know that hand sanitizer does nothing. One must wash one's bottom with warm soap and water whilst singing happy birthday or the bathroom monitors get quite upset [emoji41]

You have been on these threads long enough to know that hand sanitizer does nothing. One must wash one's bottom with warm soap and water whilst singing happy birthday or the bathroom monitors get quite upset [emoji41]

Yea but it makes all the other people feel better, especially if they see you doing it.

I never eat in the buffet because I think most days people shed way more then what you mentioned in the food no matter what they are wearing.......thousands of people going through the buffet lines, using utensils over and over and picking up food by hand, and nobody knows where their hands have been or what type of illnesses they may have......and the hand sanitizer is a false sense of security.....MDR or International Cafe are much healthier I think.....:eek:

Not that I can add much to the comments that everyone has already posted but since elfinagic has asked (as if he doesn't know with over 500 days on Princess alone :cool:)

There is no dress code for breakfast or lunch to speak of other than common sense dressing. People even wear bathing suits with cover ups and nothing is said.

Please don't let me darling wife see that. We have been on many cruises and we have a running joke. I tell her that I have just received an e-mail from the captain and that pj's are NO longer allowed, even at bedtime!

Please don't let me darling wife see that. We have been on many cruises and we have a running joke. I tell her that I have just received an e-mail from the captain and that pj's are NO longer allowed, even at bedtime!

Looks like I've been breaking their regulations for quite some time now. :eek:

Ditto, with the occasional worry about if we have to abandon ship in the middle of the night:eek:.

As the Count says, you sleep nakee, you are comfy, you risk jumping ship in the buffy:')

Ditto, with the occasional worry about if we have to abandon ship in the middle of the night:eek:.

As the Count says, you sleep nakee, you are comfy, you risk jumping ship in the buffy:')

So you would leave the cabin in your pj's rather than put on a pair of pants?

Even on the Titanic they had enough time to get dressed. :cool:

Wait- the original question was about dining room dress codes. The dining room for breakfast and lunch is quite casual. You can wear what you wear for the day within limits of required shoes and no sleeveless guy tops and no uncovered swim suits. Pjs are ok. Dinner is divided basically between formal and casual. Formal is like what you might wear to a friend’s wedding or out for a fancy dinner and opera. Casual is what you might wear to the office on a daily basis if you work in a business casual type place. People do wear shorts to dinner, but I prefer to dress for evening differently from my daytime wear.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ok so I am now on a crusade to start a 'fake email trail' to Mrs Elf stating that PJs are no longer allowed on board due to the fire hazard they pose ............. it will probably last about 3 micro seconds before he shuts that down but ..... you know ..... what happens in the stateroom, stays in the stateroom *winks* ;p

If it’s gonna sink that fast you’ll have way more to worry about than what you’re wearing. :D