Constellation - Tell Me Everything

Cruzin-K

Thanks Cruisin' Lady, they both sound interesting. We'll check them out next time we're in that neck of the woods! We really enjoy glass and they both see like something we'd enjoy. We loved the hot glass shows on Eclipse. We'll miss them on our next two Celebrity cruises on Reflection and Silhouette.

OMG! Stop beating the horse! It's DEAD!!!! We get it, you had a bad time and hate everything about Celebrity. I sailed on Connie, had a lovely room, a wonderful time and the food was good. The service was outstanding. The concierge even offered me the use of her personal hair dryer when she read my mid cruise comment card suggestion that the onboard hair dryers requiring the button to be continually depressed for airflow might be difficult for those passengers with long, thick hair or dexterity problems! On the day it rained in port, instead of blaming Celebrity for not sheltering me, I had the foresight to bring the umbrella provided in my stateroom for my use. We enjoyed our meals in the specialty restaurants and the dining room (Murano, or should I say Ocean Liners) was still there when we sailed on her. Our AC worked perfectly, the closet doors and cupboards were where they belonged and the shower was lovely. Clearly AnOnymously54350045 wasn't happy, but OP should not worry about Connie being old and tired.

OK we got it your are a Celebrity sycophant.

Nope. And name calling isn't warranted.

And bullying and trying to intimidate people into not expressing their opinions is not called for either, these boards are for everyone not just those who think they know. So back off my posts and express your opinions on Celebrity.

And bullying and trying to intimidate people into not expressing their opinions is not called for either, these boards are for everyone not just those who think they know. So back off my posts and express your opinions on Celebrity.

Dear AnOnymously,

I've been reading your responses on this particular thread. I'm sorry, but I agree that an apology on your part really is called for in this instance where you called a member a "sycophant" as this individual did just express his/her opinion as you suggested above, but then you called them a negative name in response. So who exactly needs to "back off [someone's] posts? In reviewing some of your posts on other threads there seems to be a recurring pattern in your negatively responding to other's posts if you don't agree as well as negative posts regarding Celebrity. The latter are fine (an quite frankly I also have some negative opinions of this particular cruise line); but the former really are not welcome by many. And, I'm just curious, if you do have such a negative opinion of Celebrity, why do you continue to sail on her?

Dear AnOnymously,

I've been reading your responses on this particular thread. I'm sorry, but I agree that an apology on your part really is called for in this instance where you called a member a "sycophant" as this individual did just express his/her opinion as you suggested above, but then you called them a negative name in response. So who exactly needs to "back off [someone's] posts? In reviewing some of your posts on other threads there seems to be a recurring pattern in your negatively responding to other's posts if you don't agree as well as negative posts regarding Celebrity. The latter are fine (an quite frankly I also have some negative opinions of this particular cruise line); but the former really are not welcome by many. And, I'm just curious, if you do have such a negative opinion of Celebrity, why do you continue to sail on her?

Remember this is what caused my comment, not only was this blasphemous, but attacked my right to even post negative comments, no i don't think I owe an apology. Add to that that I had only made two posts on this thread before that rude blasphemous intervention.

OMG! Stop beating the horse! It's DEAD!!!! We get it, you had a bad time and hate everything about Celebrity.
As to why i continue to sail with Celebrity, perhaps you should read my posts more carefully, and then you would see that i have said that my next two cruises are with other companies, but after the one experience I had with them, someone needs to add that opinion to these boards so that others can see that celebrity fall well short of other lines for some people.

Comcox, thanks for the defense. In the case of OMG (oh my gosh was my meaning) apparantly the poster thought (and I can understand his/her mistake) I meant something else. You are correct that I was called a name and demeaned because my reply to OP disagreed about the state of Connie. I trust that if OP reads any of the responses on this and other threads they will determine how to weigh the responses to the question about the ship.

Comcox, thanks for the defense. In the case of OMG (oh my gosh was my meaning) apparantly the poster thought (and I can understand his/her mistake) I meant something else. You are correct that I was called a name and demeaned because my reply to OP disagreed about the state of Connie. I trust that if OP reads any of the responses on this and other threads they will determine how to weigh the responses to the question about the ship.

Sorry you did not just disagree with my post you attacked me with the statements you made in such a way that one could only believe you would defend come what may. And if you are willing to allow people to make up there own minds why do you feel the need to attack in this way. I also note that you seem not to want people to see what you actually said now, by deleting the post. At least I did reproduce it so people can see it.

The op asked to be told everything, I made two posts that set out what I had seen whilst onboard Constellation and quite recently at that, but you talked about flogging a dead horse. Perhaps you should think more carefully before posting so rudely and wildly.

That is my last word on this off topic issue, but will post in this thread about on topic things.

Sorry you did not just disagree with my post you attacked me with the statements you made in such a way that one could only believe you would defend come what may. And if you are willing to allow people to make up there own minds why do you feel the need to attack in this way. I also note that you seem not to want people to see what you actually said now, by deleting the post. At least I did reproduce it so people can see it.

The op asked to be told everything, I made two posts that set out what I had seen whilst onboard Constellation and quite recently at that, but you talked about flogging a dead horse. Perhaps you should think more carefully before posting so rudely and wildly.

That is my last word on this off topic issue, but will post in this thread about on topic things.

You win. Now stop

Back on topic. We are on Connie for our first Celebrity cruise for 5 years in August 2018. Thanks to the advice from fellow CC members we have a fab Concierge Class aft Cabin and are really looking forward to our return to Celebrity.

Can't find the links to news of her refurb so wondering if she now has Qsine and what's happened to the cabins.

Thanks

:-)

Back on topic. We are on Connie for our first Celebrity cruise for 5 years in August 2018. Thanks to the advice from fellow CC members we have a fab Concierge Class aft Cabin and are really looking forward to our return to Celebrity.

Can't find the links to news of her refurb so wondering if she now has Qsine and what's happened to the cabins.

Thanks

:-)

Yes, she has Qsine and Tuscan as well as Sushi on 5. Ocean Liners is gone sadly.

We sailed the Constellation last summer in the Med. Though she’s old, she is stylish and cool in her own way. We liked the movie loungers, booth seating in the buffet, aft deck outside the buffet, and the thalassotherapy pool. The food and drinks were sadly nowhere near as good as Princess in our humble opinions. The ice cream is hard packed and was good. There is a soft serve machine, but it was broken the whole cruise. There are fun toppings and yummy cookies to go with the ice cream. The shower is better laid out than Princess showers, definitely more room.

Have a fun cruise! The Med sure wins over your heart!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the constellation in September on the Italy and Greek island cruise. Everything on the ship including the food and the crew we’re nearly impeccable! My only comment is that occasionally they are doing too much up selling. But I believe that’s going on throughout the industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have sailed on the Connie twice and she is our favorite Celebrity ship. Our first cruise with Celebrity was on her and we decided then Celebrity would be our new cruise line of choice. We have also sailed the S class and while they are newer and really beautiful ships, there’s just something special about the Connie. I would sail on her in a heartbeat!

I'm going to be booking a French Riviera cruise on the Constellation. I'm super excited. Almost all the ports (except two) will be new to me :D I've never sailed Celebrity before, but am Diamond on Royal Caribbean. Is there priority check-in, like with RCI?

Any thoughts on the best cabin location for a veranda cabin? I generally like midship. Is Concierge Class worth the extra $? I'll be booking on Friday (payday, lol).

How is the Constellation? I know it's an older ship. How is she holding up? Any favorite spots on the ship to just sit and stare out at the ocean?

What are your favorite specialty restaurants?

How is the food in the MDR, say compared to RCI or Princess?

Does Celebrity have ice cream available by the pool?

I'll probably be back with more questions in the next 18 months. I can't wait for this cruise.

We sailed on Connie out of Venice in June. It was launched in 2002 so older but still in very good shape. We sailed after her dry dock upgrades completed May of this year. The cabins need some TLC but they are perfectly acceptable. We enjoyed both Tuscan Grill and Qsine which was recently added. The food overall is definitely an upgrade over RCCL - we have sailed both lines quite a lot. Ice cream in the Oceanview Cafe just off the pool. Also in Cafe al Baccio (for a fee). We were a bit disappointed with the service on the ship but our cruise itinerary more than made up for it. Here is a link to my detailed review posted here on cruise critic. https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=582113