Please Help With Visa Question into Israel.

ombrelle

Hi everybody,

I am seeking an answer from someone who has cruised with a port in the past 2 years to Alexandria, Egypt. (Cunard)

We are booked with Costa, having an overnight stay in Haifa.

Our TA has asked me to call the Israel Embassy in our city to ask if we need a Visa of entry because our passport has an Egyptian stamp. Our TA asked Costa but they did't know:confused::confused::confused:

Our TA suggested we get a new passaport:eek::eek::eek:

Send an e-mail to Israel's Embassy and it came back undelivered.

Being trying to call them all morning on their phone, NO ANSWER

Shouldn't the cruise line have this information?

Have any of you experienced this same thing?

Could someone please reassure me?

We are Canadians and travel with Canadian passport.

Thank you

i wouldn't expect costa to know this. i WOULD expect your TA to know it, though.

try asking this on the ports of call boards. there are some natives who post there regularly.

Thank You,

So happy to report to have actually being able to contact Embassy.

For anyone else who is wondering about this and is a Canadian. The answer was " No, you don't need a Visa, you are a Canadian" Then she went on to explain that, at the boarder when they ask, you just be honest and tell them why you went, and that the stamp on the passport would tell them how long. I checked passport and the stamp does say, " Quick Visit" and it also shows a picture of a ship!

To be fair to my TA he is American, so he wasn't sure and asked me to double check. He did contact Costa for us and they didn't know.

Needless to say, I am very happy that we need no Visa and don't need a new passport!:):):)

Thnk you

I've entered Israel twice on cruises with Egyptian (and many other Arab countries) visa stamps in my passport. The Israeli immigration officers may ask you a couple questions about your travels but they have no problems with this issue. Before you arrive at Haifa Israeli immigration officers on the ship will eyeball you and your passport and give you a stamped immigration card which will serve as your visa for your brief stay in their country. Your passport will not be stamped.

There are hundreds of cruises of all cruise lines which go to Egyptian and Israeli ports in one itinerary, very often even as consecutive ports, so I have no idea how intelligent this TA is....:rolleyes:

The only thing you have to be careful of is that the ISRAELIS don't stamp your passport. They have been working with this immigration card system for many years where they do not stamp your passport, but for some silly reason they managed to stamp mine. If you have an Israeli stamp in your passport, many muslem countries (including Malaysia, Indonesia, but excluding Morocco, Jordan) won't let you in.

Edited by UKBayern

I've entered Israel twice on cruises with Egyptian (and many other Arab countries) visa stamps in my passport. The Israeli immigration officers may ask you a couple questions about your travels but they have no problems with this issue. Before you arrive at Haifa Israeli immigration officers on the ship will eyeball you and your passport and give you a stamped immigration card which will serve as your visa for your brief stay in their country. Your passport will not be stamped.

Thank you, this is the kind of info I was looking for.:)

There are hundreds of cruises of all cruise lines which go to Egyptian and Israeli ports in one itinerary, very often even as consecutive ports, so I have no idea how intelligent this TA is....:rolleyes:

The only thing you have to be careful of is that the ISRAELIS don't stamp your passport. They have been working with this immigration card system for many years where they do not stamp your passport, but for some silly reason they managed to stamp mine. If you have an Israeli stamp in your passport, many muslem countries (including Malaysia, Indonesia, but excluding Morocco, Jordan) won't let you in.

Thank You, Can you believe how many regulations one must know for travelling? I know someone who had seriously a bad time because his passport was NOT stamped in Peru.

Thank you for this info, very useful to know. Same TA pulled same thing when I went to Egypt.(maybe yes or maybe not, you'll need a visa, better find out than be sorry).

Thank You:)

• 4 years later...

Are you sure that the more liberal countries Malaysia & Indonesia wont let you in with an Israeli visa or stamp?

Also, if we need a visa for Israel & don't have it, will the cruiseline allow us to board a cruise stopping at Eilat, Israel? Can we stay onboard the ship without an Israeli visa?