Shareholder benefit continues unchanged

Host Walt

I am a shareholder of Carnival Corporation & PLC (CCL) stock and just received my 2016 annual report, proxy statement and proxy ballot.

Carnival renewed the shareholder benefit that applies to all cruises with sailings through July 31, 2018. Reservations must be made by February 28, 2018. The details and limitations appear on page 5 of the 2016 Annual Report (not the notice of meeting book)

If you hold 100 or more shares of CCL be sure to run a photocopy of the Proxy ballot as proof of ownership and file it with your important papers. You will need to provide proof of ownership to obtain the credit after booking your cruise.

The benefit is:

North America brands:

6 or fewer sailing days - $50.00 OBC per cabin

7-13 sailing days - $100.00 OBC per cabin

14 or more sailing days - $250.00 per cabin

Continental Europe brands:

6 or fewer sailing days - 40.00 Euro OBC per cabin

7-13 sailing days - 75.00 Euro OBC per cabin

14 or more sailing days - 200.00 Euro OBC per cabin

U. K. brands:

6 or fewer sailing days - 30 UK pounds OBC per cabin

7-13 sailing days - 60 UK pounds OBC per cabin

14 or more sailing days - 150 UK pounds OBC per cabin

Australia brands:

6 or fewer sailing days - A$50.00 OBC per cabin

7-13 sailing days - A$100.00 OBC per cabin

14 or more sailing days - A$250.00 per cabin

North America brands:

Carnival Cruise Line*

Princess Cruises*

Holland America Line

Seabourn

Cunard*

Costa Cruises*

Continental Europe Brands:

Costa Cruises*

Aida Cruises

UK Brands:

P&O Cruises (UK)

Cunard*

Princess Cruises (UK)*

Australia Brands:

P&O Cruises (Australia)

Princess Cruises*

Carnival Cruise Line*

* The onboard credit for Carnival, Costa, Cunard and Princess is determined based on the operational currency on board the vessel.

Always good to hear. If it wasn't for the stockholder benefit, I would've never bought the stock. :)

I too bought it for the mostly for the stockholder benefit since the dividend yield is pretty low. I'm glad I did. I paid $30.40 per share when I bought it. The last time I checked a share was worth over $50.:D

Sold my stock on the last run up, but if it drops again, I will certainly buy it again.

The shareholder benefit is much better than RCL's. It is almost impossible to get OBC when we cruise with Celebrity. Always got it when we sailed with Princess.

Does anyone have the new Shareholder Benefit Request Form they can share for sailings after July 31, 2017?

Thanks,

Paul

You do not need a current form. You can submit the information on an old form.

Actually, you do not need a form at all. Just provide all the information that the form asks for.

Does anyone have the new Shareholder Benefit Request Form they can share for sailings after July 31, 2017?

Thanks,

Paul

As Caribill posted it's not required & they will gladly accept a form with any expiration date because it ensures receiving a complete application so they can quickly issue our OBC.

By June they have added the new valid dates to the form & they email me a PDF copy of the form which I post on CC.

You do not need a current form. You can submit the information on an old form.

Actually, you do not need a form at all. Just provide all the information that the form asks for.

It was at $55.75 per share today, so if you bought at $30, you made quite a profit!

Not really. You make a profit when you sell it for more then the original cost. Otherwise, the Feds and the State would tax on it. I shouldn't give them ideas. It is a very generous benefit.

If you hold 100 or more shares of CCL be sure to run a photocopy of the Proxy ballot as proof of ownership and file it with your important papers. You will need to provide proof of ownership to obtain the credit after booking your cruise.

After a month or two, a copy of the proxy ballot will be too old to be accepted as proof of stock ownership. You are better off to submit a recent statement from your stock brokerage firm.

photocopied the page in my brokers monthly report with the Carnival stock shown. Redacted all act #'s and anything I thought should be removed. Sent to my travel agent.

Low &behold a few days later it appeared on my Carnival page.

Easy peasy

Whoo Hoo!!! Thank you Carnival Corporation !!! That helps us to keep cruising.

RE: proof - we typically take a screenshot of the online web page showing our CCL stock holdings, current date, and our name. A little bit of redaction, then send it in. We don't need to search for a recent printed statement that way, as the screenshot is current. It has always been accepted as long as it contains those 3 items.

After a month or two, a copy of the proxy ballot will be too old to be accepted as proof of stock ownership. You are better off to submit a recent statement from your stock brokerage firm.

The problem many people using proxy cards have is they get annual statements electronically and don't receive actual proxy cards and reports anymore. I elect to keep getting the proxy card.

In January 2017, I submitted a copy of the proxy form I received with the 2015 annual report (I remain a stockholder) for my upcoming Majestic Princess cruise.

Despite what you are saying, I had no issues with this submission and promptly my shareholder OBC was posted on my booking.

I have always used my proxy card, as clearly noted in each annual report as valid proof of ownership of shares, and never have been denied for any of the Carnival Corporation cruise lines I have submitted it for (going back to 2007 with multiple cruises per year).

Submitting a proxy card (since it does work even months later) is a lot easier to do for the shareholder OBC than dealing with redacting data from a brokerage statement before submitting. But different strokes for different folks.

• 5 months later...
What Princess address do we send it to, via actual mail? American address please. TIA

From the shareholder request form.....

Statement should be dated no more than 3 months/90 days prior to the cruise.

C/O Princess Cruise Booking Support Department

24305 Town Center Drive Suite 200

Santa Clarita, California 91355

USA

FAX 661-753-0180

Edited by Colo Cruiser

My experience also. I sent proof of ownership dated over 90 days from sailing. It was denied.

Sold my stock on the last run up, but if it drops again, I will certainly buy it again.

The shareholder benefit is much better than RCL's. It is almost impossible to get OBC when we cruise with Celebrity. Always got it when we sailed with Princess.

Agree! If you got any kind of discount when you booked, they won't allow the stock holder benefit with RCL.

Carnival was around $29 when I bought it and it's well above that now! And the obc is great!

The dividend every quarter is just the icing on the cake!

Here is the updated Shareholder Benefit Request Form:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=409530&d=1501699350

Can anyone point me to where I can print out the latest form? Or can I just use an old one and change the date? I'm assumming all the contact info is the same as before?

Earlier today I posted a link to the updated Shareholder Benefit Request Form.

They'll accept forms with expired dates but the version I posted is the current one.

FYI..They're accepting request for more than 90 days. I recently submitted a request for my January 2018 & March 2019 & already have the stock credit for both cruises, $250 each. I learned about this from another post on CC.

Thanks to CC members for this information. One of the many reasons for joining CC.

Tom😎

FYI..They're accepting request for more than 90 days.

I decided to test this out and it's true!! Used to have to wait until final payment to apply for the shareholder OBC, but last week I sent in my requests for a cruise in Nov. 2017 and May 2018. Within 3 days the OBC for both of them was in my Personalizer! Hope this policy continues. :D