best dining room Boudicca

hazel80

Hi Cruisers,

Looking at a cruise on the Boudicca, and have not been on this ship. Cruised on Balmoral and Braemar and always prefer the smaller dining rooms on both. However have no idea which is the nicer dining room on Boudicca. We have a table for two, so not wishing to join large table. We are a quiet couple who like our own company and enjoy eating together alone. Would be grateful of info re their 3 formal dining rooms. Thank you

Yes Heligan room is slightly smaller, but it cannot be requested like The Grampian on Braemar and the Spey and Avon on Balmoral.

Out of the two that can be requested, the smallest is the one adjacent to The Heligan, which I think is The Tintagel - you have to be allocated one of those two biggest restaurants initially and they put you in the Heligan if they want to. You can go to Fred's website and look up ships - deckplans - and then the deck where the restaurants are to see yourself. They are all on the same deck, but there is not much between them to be honest.

Thank you all for your help, seems The Heligan would suit us the most, but if you can't request it then I guess you have to be either in a suite or a premium customer (i.e. elite re days sailing with them). Well if they are all nice then I guess it doesnt really matter. Great advice. Thanks

We did not request the Heligan. We had a balcony cabin (not suite) and were new to Fred Olsen. We booked over a year ahead and requested a table for two next to a window on second sitting. We were allocated exactly that in the Heligan. The only tables I would not like are the tables for two between the inside wall and the corridor.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...

We have just returned from Iceland on the Black Watch on which we were allocated a table in the Orchid Room. We are booked on Boudicca next June, so rang FOCL to request the Heligan but was told that this cannot be reserved as the Maitre d' allocates tables/restaurants prior to boarding.