Best beaches to snorkel?

LMS3386

Hi all,

I wasn't wondering if there were any particular beaches that are good for snorkeling, and if so what would be the best way to get there. We are traveling on NCL.

The best way to get to Tobacco Bay on a weekday would be to take the NCL dedicated ferry to St George's and then walk or take a taxi to TB.

SBtS

Skip Tobacco Bay, it's way overrated. Small crowded beach and the coral and sea life is not that great. If you are a serious snorkeler my suggestion is Church Bay, Warwick Long Bay or Elbow Beach. All of those spots will be less crowded with much healthier reefs, and interesting underwater terrain with lots of sea life.

• 2 weeks later...

Ferry to St George's then cab to Coopers Island Reserve. A secluded series of areas for hiking and snorkeling without many people. It used to be the old US military base now abandoned and an official park area. You can access beyond Clearwater beach and turtle bay beach. There is a bus stop then a park then a small cafe. Then you hike beyond these areas to the gated park entrance.

• 5 months later...
The best way to get to Tobacco Bay on a weekday would be to take the NCL dedicated ferry to St George's and then walk or take a taxi to TB.

SBtS

WAIT?! There is an NCL dedicated ferry? Where do we find this? Do we need to reserve a spot....so exciting!

Tobacco Bay sucks. I agree with the other poster that says not to go there. The snorkeling is not that great and it takes a long time to get there.

Go to Warwick Long Bay Beach. On the western end of the beach is Chaplin Bay, Jobson's Bay and Stonehole Bay. All protected coves with tons of interesting fish swimming by the rocks.

You will not see much of anything at interest at Tobacco Bay. The beach is small, it's not worth the trip and when we went there was a lot of garbage (old receipts, paper cups, etc.). It was really the only disappointing beach I have been to on Bermuda.

Tobacco Bay sucks. I agree with the other poster that says not to go there. The snorkeling is not that great and it takes a long time to get there.

Go to Warwick Long Bay Beach. On the western end of the beach is Chaplin Bay, Jobson's Bay and Stonehole Bay. All protected coves with tons of interesting fish swimming by the rocks.

You will not see much of anything at interest at Tobacco Bay. The beach is small, it's not worth the trip and when we went there was a lot of garbage (old receipts, paper cups, etc.). It was really the only disappointing beach I have been to on Bermuda.

I don’t agree about Tobacco Bay. It does not suck. The snorkeling is middle of the road. Most snorkeling off of a beach is not as good. I always see plenty of fish and there is a coral reef there.

As for the condition of the beach perhaps you visited before the new concessionaire took over. Last time I was there it was clean.

5a1f9410b8af677f03449b232b6d5f6e.jpg