Playa Las Animas question

cruznbuddies

The last time we were in Puerto Vallarta was for a land vacation - we took the city bus to Boca de Tomatlon and then hiked along the waterfront through the rain forest to Playa Las Animus - loved it!!! As far as I know the only other way to get there is by water taxi. This time we will be in PV on a cruise so time is limited. Does anyone know the approximate cost of a water taxi to/from Playa las Animus?

Edited by cruznbuddies
auto correct error

We did the exact same hike last week on our cruise. It was absolutely beautiful I loved all the little beaches along the way. From Las Animas back to Boca we paid 50 pesos per person one way for a water taxi. But in researching it beforehand It seems the price varies a lot. Maybe it helped that we were on the boat with a bunch of locals.

My only regret was the restaurant we chose as Las Animas. The food was terrible and they ripped us off in typical tourist fashion. I'm trying to find it with google to figure out the name: I think it was called Ohana beach club. It was farther west down the beach than most of the other restaurants.

Here is a picture I took while on our hike:

12384ep.jpg

cap'n chunk, thanks so much for the response. That hike remains one of our favorite things we have done in PV. It was so out of the mainstream, or at least felt that way to us. Thanks for the info on the panga. I know we went home that way, but it's been a couple of years since we were there. So many fun things to do in PV, wanted to get some idea before we cruise.

thanks again.

I would add that I did talk to one of the guys hawking tours/excursions at Playa Los Muertos he said they could take us to to Las Animas from there on a boat and pick us up at a set time later in the afternoon. I did not get a price though. I'm sure it's more expensive but easier than taking the bus all the way out to Boca.

Another random thing I will add is if you are looking to take some Mescal or Tequila home with you, there is a very good liquor store called "Vinos America" right down the street from where you catch the bus to Boca de Tomatlan. They have an unbeatable selection and very reasonable prices.