Cabin choice on Trollfjord

Peal

Just about to book on MS Trollfjord for the Bergen to Kirkenes trip in early June 2018. I'm looking at the outside cabins on deck 4 near the reception area called O2-481 to O2-442 on the ship deck plan.

I'm a light sleeper and was wondering if there are any noise issues? Appears to be a lot of potential issues with with the car deck below, reception desk, gangway, luggage storage, 2 lifts, stairs and bow thrusters.

You probably mean O2-418 to O2-442 - Reception and luggage storage will not cause any noise problems - the noise is mostly when ship is mooring - there will be several short stops during night where you will experiences noise and shaking.

The noise is primarily from mooring winches on the forecastle deck as well as lowing and raising the gangway and car deck door - both located on ship board site - also some noise from loading/unloading of goods.

Best location will be back of the ship starboard site deck 6 - however you will still hear the noise when mooring.

I have attached a video to illustrate what is happening during the short stops at ports. If video is not visible in the post

pxRQArtkKfE

Thanks for the feedback. I've booked a cabin (648) on level 6, starboard side. I realise it's on the promenade deck, but will put up with that, and in some ways that is fairly convenient I would think.

Thanks for the feedback. I've booked a cabin (648) on level 6, starboard side. I realise it's on the promenade deck, but will put up with that, and in some ways that is fairly convenient I would think.

I also stayed at the promenade deck, back of the ship starboard and found it very convenient.

Only minor thing is that cabin window is at the promenade deck level and people can look into the cabin from deck - did not have any problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Strange - I though I'd replied to thank Hallasm for the blog link, but seems to have vanished. Anyway, loved the videos. I can't believe how smooth the seas were, and the weather also looked better than I was expecting. Just the luck of the draw I guess - expect the worst, but hope for the best.