Where to buy 'cruise wear' (USA)

XXDrewXX

Hi there,

On a number cruises I've noticed passengers in smart casual wear with various maritime themes e.g. chinos with with small anchor motifs, shirts with a coral pattern etc that could be worn during the day onboard.

I've looked at a number of sites selling 'beachwear' but the selection for men was small & unsuitable e.g. shorts with a beer bottle pattern! ....I'm over 50 & am hoping for something a little more conservative! :)

I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could suggest sites/stores in the US that sell (mens) cruise/resort wear.

Kind regards,

Drew

Really, whatever you'd wear to any beach destination is fine. You don't need a "cruise specific" wardrobe! Just look for summer wear, and you will find those sorts of patterns...usually with "designer" labels... (and I don't mean "high end" designers...but Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren, etc....)

Thanks so much for getting back to me....in record time! :)

The reason I've been relying on websites (& store websites) is that I live in Australia but have a sister living in CA whose address I use for shipping purposes.

Selection is greater in the US than Australia but unfortunately I won't be spending any time in the US (to look in stores)before my next cruise.

Labels you could try: Izod, Sperry, Ralph Lauren, Brooks Brother, La Coste, J. Crew, LL Bean, as well as those already mentioned. Keep in mind that we are heading into fall here right now, so the selection of warm weather clothing may be limited.

search for "Preppy" - comes from those "upper crust" folks from New England. Always dashing around in polos with cutsey appliqués and chinos with whales, fish, crab, etc. on the material. Best worn with deck shoes, without socks. Were frequently seen Summering on Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, Cape Cod. I did a vacation in Puerto Rico last Spring and damn if I didn't see some migratory Preppies there, sporting the same clothes ;)

Find out where the sailboat/regatta folks buy their clothes Down Under. I could imagine stores in Sydney, Perth, and other seaside cities, would have those types of clothes.

Tommy Bahama is a another popular label and the clothes are good quality, if a little pricey.

I think this is the only brand listed that is specifically “resort wear”. Be aware that their men’s shirts are very oversized; you may want to get a smaller size than normal.

Drew

Try googling men's shorts with anchors. Several styles and different stores came up. Most large American stores have on line purchase available.

Edited by rose6
Sentence structure

On Amazon if you search "mens resort wear" you will find clothing like you described. Here in the US the summer clothes come to the stores in Jan-March. Even tough we still have warm weather in much of the US, stores are now carrying winter clothes.

search for "Preppy" - comes from those "upper crust" folks from New England. Always dashing around in polos with cutsey appliqués and chinos with whales, fish, crab, etc. on the material. Best worn with deck shoes, without socks. Were frequently seen Summering on Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, Cape Cod. I did a vacation in Puerto Rico last Spring and damn if I didn't see some migratory Preppies there, sporting the same clothes ;)

Find out where the sailboat/regatta folks buy their clothes Down Under. I could imagine stores in Sydney, Perth, and other seaside cities, would have those types of clothes.

For those New Englanders you reference, many buy those 'cutesey clothes in yacht clubs. and yes, some are quite pricey.