Silhouette December boarding

bouhunter

Got an email tonight saying for our December Silhouette cruise we are to report to the Broward Convention Center and they'll be shuttling to the ship. 25.00/pp OBC for our troubles.

What is your sailing date please? Did they explain why?

Thanks.

Got an email tonight saying for our December Silhouette cruise we are to report to the Broward Convention Center and they'll be shuttling to the ship. 25.00/pp OBC for our troubles.

Will be on Silhouette out of FLL on 12/8 - received same E-mail but you seem confused.

Embarkation remains the same out of terminal 29 but if driving there yourself, parking is in Northport Garage and shuttle provided for driver of vehicle back to ship.

Debarkation: customs screening will be done onboard, then passengers will be shuttled to Broward Co. Convention Center to claim luggage and take transfers, taxi etc to airports. This is all due to new terminal being built. Yes, $25 pp OBC being added in appreciation for our understanding. Not a bad deal.

I'm scheduled to disembark Silhouette on 26 November but did not receive any email. $ 25 seems like a good deal!

Same sailing here! Im not leaving until Monday so I would not be mad if I get extra 25 for an extended disimbarkation process:p

Will be on Silhouette out of FLL on 12/8 - received same E-mail but you seem confused.

Embarkation remains the same out of terminal 29 but if driving there yourself, parking is in Northport Garage and shuttle provided for driver of vehicle back to ship.

Debarkation: customs screening will be done onboard, then passengers will be shuttled to Broward Co. Convention Center to claim luggage and take transfers, taxi etc to airports. This is all due to new terminal being built. Yes, $25 pp OBC being added in appreciation for our understanding. Not a bad deal.

Not confused at all. Just posted as an FYI.........

Our email for 12/17 sailing is not the same. Check in at convention center with a shuttle to port terminal 25, and debarkation as normal from the ship with luggage pickup in terminal.

Edited by bouhunter

Not confused at all. Just posted as an FYI.........

Our email for 12/17 sailing is not the same. Check in at convention center with a shuttle to port terminal 25, and debarkation as normal from the ship with luggage pickup in terminal.

My sincere apology - assumed we were all talking about the same December 8th cruise.

Enjoy your December 17th cruise - we will leave the ship in good shape for you! :)

My sincere apology - assumed we were all talking about the same December 8th cruise.

Enjoy your December 17th cruise - we will leave the ship in good shape for you! :)

Leave some cold beer onboard:p.

Interesting the process is different from one week to the next.

We received an email message notifying us today as well for our March cruise with a later embarkation and a later sailing time. Happy news for me because we are flying in day of sailing and now we can be less rushed. I do wonder though, what disembarkation is going to be like, and if it will be affected....this is still an unknown. I have to ask Celebrity so I can detemine what flights out are most reliable for us.

Seems like it will be a huge mess, even more than usual, .esp for those who prefer to walk off with their bags...

That we have seen. Its an obscene drama event.

Yes indeed!

We experienced just a taste of this port chaos on a Jan 2nd cruise one yr when we drove to the port,, It was a port holiday ...so near parking was closed. Open parking and ship were not close to each other by a long shot. We had to drive in, circle thru the line up...drop luggage off, drive out and circle back to parking, and then shuttle back to board on the even longer line of traffic. Walk off post cruise only involved one way shuttle, they had too few,..... I forgot which ship but it was a nightmare.

We are booked on EDGE for Jan 2019...hope the new pier with synced parking are in place by then,,,,

No email yet for our 12/8/17 Reflection cruise from Ft. Lauderdale.

Originally posted by RickT I am on the March 18th sailing of the Silhouette and got a similar letter however we still depart/arrive from Port Everglades. My letter stated that due to construction on the terminal for Edge, we will be boarding later and the ship will be departing later. No change to itinerary.

Given the March 11th sailing now ends in Miami I have to assume the ship will sail up the coast after dropping off the passengers in Miami....

Yours being the first planned Silhouette cruise out of PE after a major construction project, it might not be a bad idea to be prepared for a trip to POM.

Expand Signature

Gregg

ABOVE WAS IN ANOTHER THREAD...THERE ARE NOW 2 or 3 ABOUT TEMP CHANGES

I am on the Jan 26/18, Silhouette out of FLL. I have flights to/out of FLL with a 11:20am flight on disembarkment day.

I have not had any emails of any changes.

Did you receive email direct from Celebrity or did the email go to your agency then they forwarded it to you?

Broward Convention Center is that in FLL or Miami?

Received Email on changes to Dec 8 cruise Said to click to confirm. Reply "expired". Called number shown on Email. After 58 minutes was told to call cruise planner. Just another example of the downward spiral of Celebrity customer service in headquarters.

Received Email on changes to Dec 8 cruise Said to click to confirm. Reply "expired". Called number shown on Email. After 58 minutes was told to call cruise planner. Just another example of the downward spiral of Celebrity customer service in headquarters.

Got same message (expired) for 12/17 cruise. Never occurred to me to call and or spend an hour on hold.....:p

I am on the Jan 26/18, Silhouette out of FLL. I have flights to/out of FLL with a 11:20am flight on disembarkment day.

I have not had any emails of any changes.

Did you receive email direct from Celebrity or did the email go to your agency then they forwarded it to you?

Broward Convention Center is that in FLL or Miami?

It’s right at the port next to where the Princess ships usually dock. I don’t think the doom and gloom will be nearly as bad as some people seem to want it to be :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Got same message (expired) for 12/17 cruise. Never occurred to me to call and or spend an hour on hold.....:p

When my wife called, the recording said expected wait was 15 minutes. The next sound was her hanging up the phone.

It’s right at the port next to where the Princess ships usually dock. I don’t think the doom and gloom will be nearly as bad as some people seem to want it to be :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You mean there's actually some that enjoy doom and gloom on this site? :eek:;p:D