Packing, weather and outlets

mariachigirl

I'm a first time cruiser and set to depart in 30 days. I'll be cruising solo on NCL, the Spirit, from 11/12-11/23, leaving from Rome and ending in Barcelona. I'll also be spending a couple of days in Amsterdam before heading to Rome. I've checked the weather forecasts but still unsure on what to pack. I think I'll probably need a coat for Amsterdam but not sure if I will while on the cruise itself. Any recommendations on must-have clothes items to pack? I currently live in Kuwait and it always seems to be hot here so I don't have many colder weather items, but there's time to go shopping. Also, sorry if this is a silly question, but what kind of outlets will be on the ship? US or European?

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone is willing to share :)

I'm a first time cruiser and set to depart in 30 days. I'll be cruising solo on NCL, the Spirit, from 11/12-11/23, leaving from Rome and ending in Barcelona. I'll also be spending a couple of days in Amsterdam before heading to Rome. I've checked the weather forecasts but still unsure on what to pack. I think I'll probably need a coat for Amsterdam but not sure if I will while on the cruise itself. Any recommendations on must-have clothes items to pack? I currently live in Kuwait and it always seems to be hot here so I don't have many colder weather items, but there's time to go shopping. Also, sorry if this is a silly question, but what kind of outlets will be on the ship? US or European?

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone is willing to share :)

I would be prepared for some cooler and possibly rainy weather. A lightweight waterproof outer layer would be useful.

Check the NCL specific pages about outlets.

I cruise on RC, and there are both US and Euro outlets with appropriate voltage. 2 of each.

Layer, layer, layer.

Light waterproof jacket. Light sweater. Heavier sweater or sweat shirt. Long sleeve shirt. If you really get cold, silk long underwear is warm, light, and very small packing volume.

• 2 weeks later...

My Tips concern what to bring!

I struggled with putting together a packing list for my first cruise so I published it recently (about to set sail on my 2nd cruise!) for others to use! There is a link for if you want to print it as well. Another blog post I have is about cruise gadgets you will want. The last link I'm posting is tips specific to NCL - I cruised out of the US so not sure if there will be anything that doesn't apply to your cruise since it's out of Italy.

I'm not sure what the weather will be like so you might need to adjust my list, but my understanding is that it is warmer than where I am in the Northeast US. My list is based on mid-70s and warmer.

Packing List: http://laurenofalltrades.blogspot.co...king-list.html

Cabin Must-haves: http://laurenofalltrades.blogspot.co...breakaway.html

NCL Tips: http://laurenofalltrades.blogspot.co...uise-tips.html