Question about AzAmazing evening for Bonnie

J & G

Even though our cruise from Athens to Dubai is almost a year away, I am trying to line up shore excursions for our family group of three couples. I am looking at a private tour that includes an overnight in Petra, round trip transportation, dinner, hotel, Petra tour, and Wadi Rum. The company comes highly recommended, but requires a 25% non-refundable deposit.

So to my question....I see on a roll-call for an upcoming Journey cruise (almost same itinerary), their AzAmazing Evening is at a Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum on the first evening in Aqaba. About when will our AzAmazing Evening be available for registration? And do we have to return to the ship on the bus that evening, if it's like Journey's, or can we stay in Petra that night and return with our guide the next day?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wadi Rum is about 90 minutes from Petra so you are not having the evening at Petra. Like people on our May cruise you are going to have to chose an overnight tour or the Azamazing evening plus a day tour next day.

You don’t need to prebook the Azamazing- the exact timings will be communicated on the ship, they varied it between Oct last year and May this year (I’ve done it twice) to work round the sunset times.

Wadi Rum is about 90 minutes from Petra so you are not having the evening at Petra. Like people on our May cruise you are going to have to chose an overnight tour or the Azamazing evening plus a day tour next day.

You don’t need to prebook the Azamazing- the exact timings will be communicated on the ship, they varied it between Oct last year and May this year (I’ve done it twice) to work round the sunset times.

Oh, that's good to know. I was hoping we'd be able to do both... I'm pretty sure we'll book the overnight in Petra.