Really Looking Forward to First AZ Cruise - but Not Best First Impression

mnocket

I booked my first AZ cruise several weeks ago. I went to the AZ website and registered for My Azamara. I have never been able to logon. I always get the message "System Error: Unable to validate the login at this time. Please try later."

Today I gave up and called AZ. Here's my experience....

• AZ answered and message thanked me for my call and asked if I would please take the survey at the end of the call
  • Then got ringing tone like it was transferring me to an agent.
  • Then the line went dead. No music, no occasional beep to let me know I was on hold, just silence.
  • I waited a bit and figured I was somehow disconnected. Hung up and called again.
  • Same result
  • Next time I just stayed on the line to see if anyone would eventually answer
  • After several minutes an agent answered.
  • Explained my website problem
  • Was informed that the My Azamara website is under repair. I could still use the website link for on-line check-in, but My Azamara was broken.
  • I said I've been trying for several weeks and asked if it's been broken all that time. Answer: Yes

From experience I knew the Celebrity website was an utter disaster. I had hoped for more from AZ. That and a call center that puts you on hold without any indication you are actually on hold has not left the best first impression

Celebrity's pre-cruise experience is rather poor, but once you get on the ship they do a good job. It's looking like AZ may follow a similar pattern??

The error the original poster is getting has actually been there for about three months, you do not need to register for My Azamara to look at shore excursions, just use your reservation number on the right hand screen - but I agree it is not impressive for first time guests.

Celebrity's pre-cruise experience is rather poor, but once you get on the ship they do a good job. It's looking like AZ may follow a similar pattern??

That seems to be the experience of many posters on the Azamara forums on Cruise Critic. I have had few pre-cruise problems, although I have had something similar to you. I can log onto My Azamara and find my reservations. I currently have 3 reservations - with two of them I can access shore excursions and check-in, with the third, when I try to look at Shore excursions I get kicked out of My Azamara with a message that the page is not available at present. It’s been like that for weeks. I emailed Azamara to ask them to sort it out, but after a few messages back and forth ai gave up as it was no better.

However, the experience on board is so good, that I can forgive Azamara just about anything!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I feel your pain. I had to create three separate user names before an account was actually created. There are serious inconsistencies within the user interface as you navigate the site. Most frustrating of all, when looking at shore excursions, you can get completely bounced out of MyAzamara if you accidentally use the wrong 'back' button.

The response you often get is that the system is being updated which is a farce. I was an operations manager and our maintenance window was 2am to 6am Sunday morning with all updates going through a change control process with lab testing.

Updates on the fly are signs of an ad-hoc operation and I worry about the security of my data.

This is probable Azamara's weakest part of their overall brand.

On the positive side, it is fixable....

I am new to Az also. I booked my first cruise departing on Feb 2018 about 8 months ago and have experienced your same problems trying to login to My Azamara. Each time I send an email to Az when I get the message as you describe, I get the same response back that the system has problems. This has happened to me 3 times in the past 6 months. Each time I send an email and get a response back my login starts working again.

I also agree about the Celebrity website. I don't understand why these problems continue without being fixed. I have used other cruise lines websites and not encountered on going problems like this.

Mike

I am new to Azamara also. I haven't been able to log in. I received an email back from Customer Services to say I have registered, yet when I try to log in, it says the password is invalid. I tried my own password, without success, so used one the system gave me (both said password is invalid). I guess I will have to log in eventually, but, in the meantime, I'm enjoying researching my travels and looking forward to cruising Azamara.

We have told everyOfficer we have spoken to, that the land based facet of AZ's operation isdreadful, but the on-board experience exceeds all other cruise lines we have eversailed with, including Silverseas & Seabourne. We now have a wonderful TA who endures all the inefficiencies oftheir office staff, and ensures that the only thing we have to do is to join the ship and enjoythe best cruise experience on the high seas. :cool: