Is there any certain day they lower prices?

jules815

Sailing Reflection in December. Have my eye on a suite that's been available for a while. Price has dropped once, but I'd like it to go down just once more before I make the move. We're already in a nice S1, so if I don't get it, we wouldn't be disappointed.

Is there any specific day that they might drop prices, or is it always a random thing>

Is it possible to have X contact me if the price goes down, or is this something that only a TA would do? (Didn't book with a TA) Do they do that type of thing??

There are pay for use third party websites which allow you to monitor availability, price drops and price rises. They're highly effective and the $1 fee per use can literally save you hundreds of dollars per cruise potentially if you're quick. I can't name any on here as it's against the rules but google is your friend.

There is no particular day as pricing is all driven by computer algorithms just like airline pricing. If a cruise sells well early on prices will increase. If it sells poorly and sail date is rapidly approaching you'll see falls. Bear in mind that individual stateroom types are treated individually which is why you occasionally see anomalies such as aqua class rooms going for less than regular balconies on rare occasions.

Totally agree with above information. You also need to be proactive with checking prices too, as nothing is a guarantee...prices can change very quickly. I was able to get a great price; I texted my friend and her price was already 200 more within 45 minutes for 2 people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

Totally agree with above information. You also need to be proactive with checking prices too, as nothing is a guarantee...prices can change very quickly. I was able to get a great price; I texted my friend and her price was already 200 more within 45 minutes for 2 people.

And since prices can change quickly, when you see a great deal on the Celebrity website, immediately place a 24-hour hold on a new reservation; then call your TA or Celebrity to request they transfer your hold to your existing reservation.

And since prices can change quickly, when you see a great deal on the Celebrity website, immediately place a 24-hour hold on a new reservation; then call your TA or Celebrity to request they transfer your hold to your existing reservation.

I was looking for the hold button on the updated site and could not locate it. Maybe I am blind. Before this, I could always find it! Where is it now?

I had to call for the new itineraries that were just released, as the website wasn’t available for booking the TA’s. I called and put my cruise on hold first...whatever you can do quickly...

if the cruise is within final payment, it can’t be transferred.

If you are intent on changing your cabin, you should plan to check pricing daily. Since there is only one cabin, it would be a shame to miss an opportunity to upgrade. I hope you are successful in your quest.

I have lucked out on a number of cruises because I have made it a practice to check on pricing at least a few times every week. In fact, I managed to capture multiple price drops for a July 2018 cruise during July 2017. These price drops allowed me to move up from a 2A cabin to a 1A, then a C2 and finally an A2 cabin with no increase in cost. Actually, I am paying less, even with the addition of Go Best perks, than I was with Go Better perks. So, it was a definite win for me. The pricing since August 1 has steadily increased and the same category and perks would now cost $800 pp more than I am paying.

Also pay close attention to your roll call. I was able to snag an aft cabin on Canada-NE cruise 2 weeks before the cruise when one of the members of the roll call upgraded to a sky suite. She let us know she had upgraded and that her cabin was available. Since it was the same class of cabin as what I already had, I was able to transfer.

If you are intent on changing your cabin' date=' you should plan to check pricing daily. Since there is only one cabin, it would be a shame to miss an opportunity to upgrade. I hope you are successful in your quest.

[/quote']

Success!! You won't believe it. Actually, I believe it, because I've seen prices on RC cruises change within minutes. We're fairly new to X, so I haven't played the game here before.

Originally booked in an S1 Sky Suite. I was in the same room back in April with our daughter, so I knew it was nice. We met a really nice couple on that cruise, also from Chicago, who were in a Signature Suite. They raved about it. So I did a little research, but it was pricey. And much fancier than any suite we've ever had before. There were none available for quite a while, then one appeared. I've been checking the prices several times daily, sometimes hourly. I know, obsessive, but I've seen this happen on RC.

Anywhoooo...logged on right before bed last night, no change. First thing this morning, nada. Checked at 11am, just as I was heading out the door to work (I was late! :o) and by golly if that room hadn't dropped $1000, which was my absolute figure I had in my head that would make it acceptable. I called and grabbed it.

So happy this worked out. My husband's first time with Celebrity, and we're celebrating his birthday. And we were planning on spending quite a bit of time on board, so this will be a real treat.

Success!! You won't believe it. Actually, I believe it, because I've seen prices on RC cruises change within minutes. We're fairly new to X, so I haven't played the game here before.

Originally booked in an S1 Sky Suite. I was in the same room back in April with our daughter, so I knew it was nice. We met a really nice couple on that cruise, also from Chicago, who were in a Signature Suite. They raved about it. So I did a little research, but it was pricey. And much fancier than any suite we've ever had before. There were none available for quite a while, then one appeared. I've been checking the prices several times daily, sometimes hourly. I know, obsessive, but I've seen this happen on RC.

Anywhoooo...logged on right before bed last night, no change. First thing this morning, nada. Checked at 11am, just as I was heading out the door to work (I was late! :o) and by golly if that room hadn't dropped $1000, which was my absolute figure I had in my head that would make it acceptable. I called and grabbed it.

So happy this worked out. My husband's first time with Celebrity, and we're celebrating his birthday. And we were planning on spending quite a bit of time on board, so this will be a real treat.

j - congrats and bon voyage

p.s. will you keep an eye out on my future sailing? :D

We're not aware of any specific day or time to look for lower prices. However, sometimes within 6 wks of a cruise you could find a bargain if the bookings are lower than expected. That having been said, unfortunately if you're booked then you have already paid in full and the best you could hope for would be a switch to a higher category. Two years ago we were just looking at Transatlantics and about 5 weeks before I (Sherman) found a guaranteed balcony on the Jewel of the Seas 16 night TA to Civitivecchia (Rome) for $486.50 each...didn't book and told DW about it and she asked why didn't I book it. Tried again 30 minutes later and it was gone! The next morning it popped up again and we booked it. Fantastic bargain which we know we'll never find again.

BTW there are currently some really good rates over Thanksgiving for Caribbean cruises...

Keep looking you never know what will pop up!

Sailing Reflection in December. Have my eye on a suite that's been available for a while. Price has dropped once, but I'd like it to go down just once more before I make the move. We're already in a nice S1, so if I don't get it, we wouldn't be disappointed.

Is there any specific day that they might drop prices, or is it always a random thing>

Is it possible to have X contact me if the price goes down, or is this something that only a TA would do? (Didn't book with a TA) Do they do that type of thing??

Yes NEVER!!!

Your best bet is keep checking everyday! I used this strategy last year and upgraded from Aqua class to S1 sky suite on Reflection for only $800! Lost a little bit of OBC, but was worth it! Huge stateroom, verandah, and shower, bathtub, lots of closets and the Bvlgari amenities! People will literally cancel cruises up to the day the ship sails! If you have your eye on the cruise website, you might get lucky!

Your best bet is keep checking everyday! I used this strategy last year and upgraded from Aqua class to S1 sky suite on Reflection for only $800! Lost a little bit of OBC, but was worth it! Huge stateroom, verandah, and shower, bathtub, lots of closets and the Bvlgari amenities! People will literally cancel cruises up to the day the ship sails! If you have your eye on the cruise website, you might get lucky!

This is true.

We ended up booking a CC cabin which really wasn't what we wanted but all of the AQ cabins were gone, so I signed up to a third party website to get notifications as to when one would become available. Bear in mind we're beyond final payment date. I had an email advising an A1 had become available followed by a second email advising it had gone three hours later. This was in the middle of the night so I missed it as I'm in the UK and I strongly suspect it was snapped up by a US passenger. This happened not once but twice over the following two nights with the AQ rooms going within a couple of hours. Thankfully I was fourth time lucky and managed to upgrade for 11 nights for just £50. Now.... Will that CS suddenly drop? :D

Interesting now there's a CS available for our sailing. The morning I switched to the Signature Suite, the Royal was available as well, but was now priced at what the Sig was when I thought it was too high. I wonder if the people in the currently available CS grabbed the Royal Suite? If they booked a while ago, it could possibly be very close to what they originally paid for the CS.

Interesting now there's a CS available for our sailing. The morning I switched to the Signature Suite, the Royal was available as well, but was now priced at what the Sig was when I thought it was too high. I wonder if the people in the currently available CS grabbed the Royal Suite? If they booked a while ago, it could possibly be very close to what they originally paid for the CS.

This is literally the game I play as well. I am never able to book far out (because work means that I end up canceling - never fails). So, typically when I book, I can only grab based on the limited inventory. We are on the Millie to Asia in early December and the only suite available was one CS (that an insides!). Now a Sky keeps popping up. I really want an RS or PS, so I am so hopeful one of those will open up. This is a 14 night cruise, and even though we have 2 overnights scheduled off the ship, the 5 sea days and me working on my doctorate means will definitely use the extra space. Also, our roll call has been extremely busy - if I snagged a PH we would definitely be able to host everyone a couple of nights for sail aways. Anyway, typing this out to put it out to the universe in hopes this happens and a good priced upgrade happens this cruise too. Please send some lucky vibes out for me! :-)

I have posted hints to the site before, only to have another poster declare how bad the site was because she did not get her emails. Yes, that does happen, just like Celebrity’s website doesn’t always work either. However, it is one part of the puzzle. You can at least go on the site and see what prices have been in the past. The site works for me, but not well for others, as prices change very quickly...Cruise and you can find Fish in the.net...