better deals

bigcat1

My understanding is you can make changes before final payment. However, if it's a rate change....you may loose the current perks you have. Plus your type of room cannot be sold out either.

We just signed up for the 3 for free promotion going on and I asked them if the rates drop do I get a price adjustment. The remark from my travel agent was that.... sure but you may lose the free gratuity etc. if the new rate is lower but offers a drink package I could swap it. So you need to decide which is the better deal for you. the current one you have or the one you might adjust to.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

You can keep your current promotion if it is an upsale offer - if you are just re rating on your own you lose the promo you had and get whatever is currently offered. I have had 2 up sells when I had the sip and sail promo and was able to keep all the perks (beverage plan etc.)

In addition to loosing your deposit you will loose your trip insurance (ie: the insurance is not transferable to the new booking).

This is not correct in my experience. My TA has transferred my insurance to both a change in sailing as well as a re-faring.

My current booking is the same as the new rate they are showing now, but now it includes free gratuities. I have an onboard credit of $50 per person since I booked with an FCC. If I request the free gratuities, will I lose my FCC deposit and obc?

I tried to add 3 for free to my booking but it would have cost $220 per person more. As it turned out after calculating the value of the benefits and the additional cost it was less expensive to keep things as they were. The one category upgrade had no value since all the ocean view rooms were priced the same which was more than I booked for originally.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is not correct in my experience. My TA has transferred my insurance to both a change in sailing as well as a re-faring.

This has not been my experience either but one should always get a confirmation of this from the insurance company. If you do need to make a claim you don't want it to become an issue.

My current booking is the same as the new rate they are showing now, but now it includes free gratuities. I have an onboard credit of $50 per person since I booked with an FCC. If I request the free gratuities, will I lose my FCC deposit and obc?

No.

only made first deposit, do I have to call and ask for perks or will they adjust final payment

You have to keep watch and ask for perks. The conditions of the perk might change original bookings needing approval. We have done it twice on the same booking on just a deposit.

This has not been my experience either but one should always get a confirmation of this from the insurance company. If you do need to make a claim you don't want it to become an issue.

There are so many different ways of doing insurance it couldn't possibly be universally true - and I haven't even heard this claim on these boards. And with all of the threads regarding price drops, cancel & rebooking, etc., you would think it would come up if it was in any way a real thing.

Princess has absolutely NO FIXED POLICIES regarding anything. Before final payment, after final payment, 2 weeks before cruise, etc. EVERYTHING depends on the luck of the draw on the Princess rep who handles your call, and when, not if, your get transferred to Customer Relations when you are not happy with the first answer.

I recently saw that prices did a significant drop on my Nov 26th Regal Princess cruise. I was in a standard balcony and saw that a mini-suite was now only $300 more than I paid for my balcony. I was able to upgrade for the $300 and was given free gratuities worth $203 (which I didn't have before). Total cost for upgrade to mini-suite $97.

I recently saw that prices did a significant drop on my Nov 26th Regal Princess cruise. I was in a standard balcony and saw that a mini-suite was now only $300 more than I paid for my balcony. I was able to upgrade for the $300 and was given free gratuities worth $203 (which I didn't have before). Total cost for upgrade to mini-suite $97.

We will be on the Grand to Alaska in June of 2018 and had a chance at a similar deal. We liked the bathtub in the mini suite and the extra cabin space but we needed The large deck for guests on Caribe deck. Oh the Dilemma! We picked the larger deck space but was glad for the opportunity to change.

Called TA today, and was able to add the complimentary gratuities to our Jan 2018 Regal cruise. No change in fare. Took an hour on hold, and TA said wait times have been long all day at Princess.

Called TA today, and was able to add the complimentary gratuities to our Jan 2018 Regal cruise. No change in fare. Took an hour on hold, and TA said wait times have been long all day at Princess.

Same for me the other day, an hour wait. But well worth it. We got free gratuities added to our Jan 18 Regal cruise, as well as 300 reduction on fare. I am going on the 21 for Eastern Caribbean.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app