Carry-on bag size allowed?

noah53

I have successfully rolled on my suitcase in Port Everglades, Port Canaveral and Tampa.

It measures 24" high, 11" deep and 18" wide. It's hard side, and there is not much room to spare as it goes through the scanner, but it goes. Never been hassled or questioned by staff.

Hope this helps.

I now roll on for anything 7 days or less, and I find it quite liberating to be unpacked and enjoying a cocktail before others have even gotten their bags.

I often roll my full-sized suitcase on and off the ship rather than wait for bag delivery to my stateroom. I have had some over-zealous shore-side staff try to tell me that I had to check it, but I tell them it will fit AND that I can lift it on and off the scanner belt without assistance. If they push it, I ask to speak to a supervisor. I've even had some fun with the over-zealous staff by asking if they downsized their scanners since the last time I was through this particular port because it fit through before.

From conversations with those supervisors, the rub is the person who wants to roll his/her suitcases onto the ship and then gets to the scanner and can't lift it onto the belt. That just holds everything and everybody else up.

Any bag that you could carry on to an airplane should work. Remember that you'll be carrying it around the ship until about 1:30, so consider what you really need. Key items are valuables such as electronics and jewelry as well as medicine. Some folks bring bathing suits, etc. so they can get some sun before large bags are delivered.