Pre cruise hotel 1 night close to Stanley Park and Granville

Looking for a hotel for one night pre cruise. Wanting to visit Stanley Park and Granville Market. Also easiest way to get from Amtrak to hotel and also hotel to Canada Place pier? Also what is best way to get to those places we want to visit.

Would like to keep it around $200-275 ish

Looking for a hotel for one night pre cruise. Wanting to visit Stanley Park and Granville Market. Also easiest way to get from Amtrak to hotel and also hotel to Canada Place pier? Also what is best way to get to those places we want to visit.

Would like to keep it around $200-275 ish

We stayed at the Residence Inn By Marriott Downtown and would highly recommend it and got a price in your range. It was a very easy walk to both Granville island (ferry) and the southeast entrance to Stanley Park. It was about a mile to the cruise pier bit we took a taxi with our luggage anyway...about $11. They also offer a nice full included breakfast.

That said I think any downtown hotel will be walkable to those places. It is a small area.

Enjoy! We fell in love with Vancouver!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Agree with the above - there's no downtown hotel that isn't convenient for everything downtown (<$10 cab ride, or walking a mile-ish gets you just about anywhere to anywhere - the whole downtown peninsula is barely 2 miles long).

I always suggest the YWCA Hotel whenever folks mention a budget - ballpark CAD$160 for their most expensive rooms in high season, which are regular en suite double or twins just like any hotel - even cheaper if you are willing to share a bathroom.

There's one hotel actually on Granville Island - the eponymous GI Hotel - but this gets tricky if you want to take a cab to the pier as the driving route involves a long backtrack to get to the bridge, so unless you can trundle your bags by yourself on one of the little ferries it's going to be closer to $20 for a cab from there to Canada Place. The hotel most centrally-located between GI and the park is probably the Sandman on Davie St.or Sunset Inn on Burnaby.

Another suggestions....

I use to live in Vancouver, now live in Victoria but have family in Vancouver. End result is I don't stay in local hotels. However some suggestions:

Best Western Sands - This is located between Stanley Park and the water taxi that goes to Granville Island. It is an older hotel, good location. Not as upscale as some of the downtown ones It is only a few blocks away from Stanley Park and in the opposite direction about a 15-20 minute walk along the beach/park to the Aquatic Centre Ferry that will take you to Granville Island.

I know that the Best Western Sands is close - I booked it. I then got a better offer from The Sylvia Hotel which is very close to Stanley Park (I loved the bike trip around - I wish that we had had time to do it again).

We walked from the Sylvia to Granville Island on our arrival morning. It was a bit of a trek because the road swings round a long way before you can get off. Had we got a rope ladder we would have made it in half the time. The ferry would have been much easier and not very expensive.

The hotel is full of "old world charm" - it even has real keys to open the doors. The rooms were really big. Staff were very helpful.

If you like Japanese food, Kingyo is not far away. Wow, brilliant food.