Best Quilt Shops at the Ports

mellowrose

Skagway has the Rushin' Tailor on 3rd Avenue. Lots of beautiful quilts on display and plenty of fabric and patterns to choose from. I stop at this one every time.

Ketchikan has Whale's Tale upstairs in the Salmon Landing Building. They used to have the Silver Thimble shop next to Whale's Tale but it's gone now. Whale's Tale is the smallest of the shops in the three ports and in my opinion not worth a stop. That second floor used to be bustleing but it's pretty dead up there now.

Juneau has Changing Tides upstairs in the Senate Mall building. It was a bit cramped in there last time I was there (what quilt shop isn't?). They also have a beautiful selection of buttons, too.

All are walking distance from the docks.

Will you have a car in Anchorage?

Thanks for the info. Mom is an avid quilter. She is looking forward to checking out the shops. What about Fairbanks or Vancouver? We are spending a nights there as well.

I've never been to Fairbanks, and haven't done quilt shops in Vancouver. This article is all about Vancouver BC quilt shops though, so is probably a good resource. Just make sure the places are still in business, it's not super-recent. http://planetpatchwork.com/travel/vancouver.htm

I've never been to Fairbanks, and haven't done quilt shops in Vancouver. This article is all about Vancouver BC quilt shops though, so is probably a good resource. Just make sure the places are still in business, it's not super-recent. http://planetpatchwork.com/travel/vancouver.htm

Perfect. We will check these out. Thanks!

Thanks for the info. Mom is an avid quilter. She is looking forward to checking out the shops. What about Fairbanks or Vancouver? We are spending a nights there as well.

In Fairbanks she would enjoy Northern Threads. For those staying at the Sophie Station Hotel they are right next door. This shop also participates in "row by row."