B1 aft balcony or BE side balcony on the Escape

andychris

We are researching the aft balcony and a balcony that is right on the side of the aft balcony. Its $600 cheaper for the regular balcony. I am looking to see what the differences are besides the view? Are the cabins different sizes? Balcony different sizes?

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you

Aft balconies have larger balconies than those on the sides of the ship. On the sides of the ship, the only "larger" balconies are those specifically labeled as "Large Balcony" or B6 on Deck 9 or any of the staterooms that have an "angled" balcony where the edges of the ship come in or flare out. You can see the contour of the ship on the deck plans... there are a few angled balconies on each side on each deck.

I would also add that though the aft balconies offer amazing views ... if you are cruising in warm weather, be advised that the odds of feeling cool are slim to nil. That being said, they are awesome for cold weather cruising.

This is, obviously, an IMHO and there are many many who could care less ;)

In addition to what was posted above, there are a few "secret" balconies that are wider (not deeper) than the standard balconies for the same price.

The last balcony aft is wider than standard...(Click HERE to see what I mean).

The extra space varies depending on deck. Keep in mind that aft-facing balconies also vary in depth and width.

The extra space on the side balconies has a slanted roof but makes putting a lounger or 2 on a standard balcony possible.

Deck 12 (12304 in the picture) has the most space and best view, IMO.

In addition to what was posted above, there are a few "secret" balconies that are wider (not deeper) than the standard balconies for the same price.

The last balcony aft is wider than standard...(Click HERE to see what I mean).

The extra space varies depending on deck. Keep in mind that aft-facing balconies also vary in depth and width.

The extra space on the side balconies has a slanted roof but makes putting a lounger or 2 on a standard balcony possible.

Deck 12 (12304 in the picture) has the most space and best view, IMO.

I believe the balconies you are referencing are Haven balconies on all decks. They are awesome as is the Haven and its perks but you pay the price.

I believe the balconies you are referencing are Haven balconies on all decks. They are awesome as is the Haven and its perks but you pay the price.

Those are definitely not Haven balconies on the BA/BA+ ships. The only aft Haven Balconies on those ships are truly aft and do not have balconies on the sides.

No.

The numbers and picture that I used were for Escape. On Escape, 12306 is the Haven H6 (I stayed there) and the example that I gave (12304) is a standard balcony (my mom stayed there) but the balcony is wider than standard size.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

• 3 weeks later...
Is there a very big difference from a balcony to an AFT balcony? I'm trying to see if it would be worth it for an April cruise. Never did an AFT facing balcony. (Eclipse)

The balconies themselves are much larger for he aft balcony rooms. I am sure you can find some videos of them on youtube.