Hope people will second suggestion about my ideas for the paid movies on NCL'S TV....

evagoblin

It doesn't hurt to make suggestions, I have a few anecdotes, couple of them you might find funny. On Celebrity they have made to order smoothies, in the morning at home, I just drink smoothies, have no appetite to eat in the morning and they cost $5 (or something like that) which I felt was quite unfair as I was saving them money not eating all high fat meats and high carb breakfast selections (if I was allowed to bring my blender, I'd just take fruit and do it myself). I called the customer service and said they should include that in one of their drink packages, lo and behold, when I was planning my transpositioning cruise and I called and asked about it and now they ARE in their drink packages (and the packages did NOT go up in price!) And you could still buy them individually.

Another time, the first cruise I was on, was a Fall cruise, most of the cities, I was not interested in most of the cities, Boston, Portland ME, but WAS excited about the last stop Halifax which had many artifacts of the Titanic, but because of a hurricane we could not stop there. Very disappointed, I contacted the Cruise Director and said that being we couldn't stop there we all should get some cruise credit that we could use to amuse ourselves on the ship. The cruise director personally called me and told me that because of what I said everyone was getting a REFUND of some amount of money. Feeling pretty proud that I had done something that helped everyone, I was bragging about it at the cruise shop, and the sales girl arched her eyebrows and replied, "Those are the port charges, they HAD to refund that"..ahh why couldn't she just let think that even though I was not a person in any sort of power, that I had done something to make the world a little better ;):loudcry:;);p:rolleyes:!!

My last story is when Clinton was in power, I took a tour and the tour guide said something about the President of Panama (or a cabinet officer) knew Clinton personally as they were in college or law school together. When I was at the airport and having to pay the airport tax was very annoyed (at myself too since I could have cashed them at the hotel first) that they didn't take travelers checks and in order to pay for it, I had to go to the ATM machine there, and between what Bank of America charged and the ATM service charges I paid more in fees than the airport taxes. I decided to write to the White House and said, Look Mr. President, I don't expect you to do anything about it but can you talk to your friend the President or Minister, I don't expect a street vendor or a small business owner to take a travelers check but they SHOULD at the AIRPORT. I also, lied through my teeth, and said I am bi-lingual in Chinese and English and could help them in their re-election campaign (I am a liberal Democrat but NEVER EVER voted for any Clinton, I felt that Hilary was lying when she attacked Gennifer Flowers, and I felt her defense of her husband helped elect him, who as President, disgraced the office and thus brought about the loss of Congressional seats of Democrats and the defeat of the Democrat's presidential candidates.)

Everyone laughed at me, but lo and behold, I got an answer that my suggestion was forwarded to the State Dept. and about a week after that the State Dept. contacted me and said that it was a good idea, and now they were taking TC at the airport. The funny thing about this was during the second election I kept getting calls which since I didn't answer the phone, voice mails from the Clinton campaign. It later came out, that the Chinese government was funneling money to the Clinton campaign https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/07/chinese-illegally-donated-bill-clinton-reelection-campaign-media-downplayed/ and I always wondering if that was why they bothered to deal with my small issue and was why they were so persistent in trying to reach me, naiive me I thought it was only my one little vote, not even an electoral one :DLMAO!!!

I was in the DOS on Epic last year and we never turned the tv on. Not once.

Who needs movies you can watch at home when you can look out to sea? I can watch that for hours.

If movies are your thing I think your solution would be to figure out your own method by streaming, downloading, DVDs, etc. I think you might be in the minority. I don't think it is NCL's problem to solve.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP...NCL will probably not do it to TVs because the ROI just isn't there (as evidenced by this thread). That being said, they could probably provide streaming services similar to an airplane (because they likely have much higher local area bandwidth than is needed for internet/other connectivity) where you could watch movies on your own device.

We will be staying in a suite on Dawn in March. I thought they got rid of the in-suite DVD players because the movies were available on-demand. So it is not like a hotel room where you can pick on-demand movies?? I am mainly asking for my granddaughter who will be with us and likes the TV on as she goes to sleep.

Only ships that have not upgraded their system still have DVD players in suites. Lucky for you the Dawn upgraded their system about 2 years ago and does have free on demand movies. About 30 the last time I was on her. Most DVD libraries I have encountered were in the 50-100 movie range.

I don't agree with this. With a drink package, which lots of people have now, it's possible to spend almost no extra money on the ship, except for the DSC.

I agree. I have been given $50 per person to spend on board my upcoming cruise on the Epic. I have the drink package, I don't need to go to the Spa so I was struggling to think how to spend it. I decided to book Cagney's but it is really just because I don't want to leave the money unspent.

If I needed to watch movies I would buy a few ahead of time and have them on my tablet.

While im not opposed to the idea, I would never pay for it. The last thing I want to do on a cruise is watch the TV. I leave my Ipad at home, turn off the cell phone etc. I do not facebook, cruise critic, movie watch etc while im on vacation, I can do all of that at home. I will usually turn the TV on in the morning while I get dressed so I can see what the weather is going to be like at our port stop, then it goes back off when we leave the room.

Again, I am not opposed to NCL offering it as I understand that everyone vacations differently and for some, it might be the only time they have a chance to sit and watch movies just not for me

I think 75% of us feel the way you do. We do watch a little more than you, but not much. Sometimes while relaxing for about an hour in the afternoon while getting ready for the evening or just before going to bed we will flip the boob tube on. I do think if we knew what movies were scheduled we might watch one per cruise. I feel the same, whether it is a repo, trans Atlantic cruise or a port intensive cruise. There are so many things to do on a cruise, we don't have to depend on the TV movies to be entertained.

I have a couple reactions to the OPs post.

1. I think the product is being seriously undervalued. If Norwegian thinks a single movie is worth $6 and they were to offer an unlimited pass there’s no way they would offer it for $15. I think the minimum they would offer it for would be the cost of 2 movies daily, so $84 for a 7 day cruise. Which is probably still too high for the OP.

2. I’ve never cruised enough to get bored with the daily and evening entertainment. We vacation once a year and mix it up between cruises and land trips and when we cruise we use multiple lines. The included entertainment is one of my favorite things about cruising and if I felt like I was getting burned out on the entertainment provided by a line, I would switch it up with more cruise lines and non-cruise vacations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP......ummmmmm.....you threw out a suggestion and asked for backing of your idea. You didn’t get backing. No reason to take out your frustration on us because your idea didn’t get any support.

“Figurati”!

Have fun on your future cruises.

I don't agree with this. With a drink package, which lots of people have now, it's possible to spend almost no extra money on the ship, except for the DSC.

When I've taken the sailaway rate the difference has been more than the cost to buy the UBP. That's how free it is.

We watch the news for around 30 minutes in the morning while having breakfast in our cabin. Then the TV stays off for the rest of the day. I do remember a couple of nights on our recent cruises we were in our cabin and thought a movie might be nice. But couldn't figure out when they started so watched a couple starting mid-movie. Sort of annoying. And we were in the Haven. And the list of DVD's we could order? Really old stuff. So we spent a lot of time watching the moon, stars, and water pass by. A much better option. And I would not pay for a movie pass. Unless I was cruising with my grandkids as they like to watch something before bedtime.