Need Hotel suggestion for my Norwegian Jewel Cruise out of Sydney, AU

redoak

Can someone suggest a Hotel in January for 2 nights in Sydney within walking distance or very close to the pier. We are arriving a couple days early due to lengthy flight times.

Thanks in advance, Matt :cool:

Can someone suggest a Hotel in January for 2 nights in Sydney within walking distance or very close to the pier. We are arriving a couple days early due to lengthy flight times.

Matt, check out the Australia ports of call forum. You'll find the info you are looking for. Here is the link to it:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77

I just did the Jewel in January this year and I stayed at the Hilton which is not too far from the Port walking but we took an Uber which was quick since we had luggage. It is an amazing hotel. The Four Seasons is literally right by the port and I believe there was a Hyatt as well. You are going to Love Sydney. So much to do so plan plan plan. The Opera House, The Rocks, The Bridge, Do a Bike Ride with Bonza Bike Tours, they take you all over Sydney. It was a great morning Bike ride into early afternoon. Have a great time. Def book your hotel EARLY if you end in Auckland. Its super expensive for Hotels there. we ended up paying like $500 a night for the Hilton Auckland but it is literally right outside the port on the water. also a beautiful hotel.

Thank you all for taking time to respond to my thread. I booked the Hilton on the Rocks for my 2 day pre-cruise stay.

Can't wait. :cool:

Thanks again, Matt

I was going to suggest that place, it's GREAT, spent 3 nights there a few years ago. The Rocks are a wonderful location. Once a week, just around the corner they have an open air market in the Rocks. Can't remember what night but it's wonderful.

Not sure where your ship docks since we, unfortunately, haven't been to Sydney for quite a while.

We stayed at the Ibis Hotel last time. It was the tiniest room we've ever seen. To get into bed we had to rearrange luggage so we could get to it.

The Marriot is popular. We stayed at the Shangri La which was amazing. After our cruise we stayed at the Holiday in Old Sydney. It's withing spitting distance of the pier. Not a great hotel but the location is pretty darn handy.

If you really want the hotel to be near the ship - the hotel would have to be at The Rocks or Circular Quay area. This is really within walking distance when you disembark. Most of the hotels in the area are very pricey - Park Hyatt, Four Seasons and the Shangrila. There are boutique hotels within the area which you can look up. If you go to a booking site ( Booking, Trivago, etc) -- just make sure it will be in the Rocks or Circular Area. The Sofitel, the Novotel are both in Darling Harbour. You need to take a cab or Uber for the less than 10 minute drive as it is in the other part of the harbour. The Hilton and Westin are only nearby but you would need to get into a cab or a bus for the short drive. If I were a tourist and I need to spend a few days around Sydney before the cruise - I would opt for Sofitel. There are heaps of restaus and places to eat /drink around the area. If you want to splurge - the Four Seasons would be the great choice. Truly walking distance from the ship. Sydney is about the only city in the world where the ship docks right in the middle of the tourist spots - Opera House, Harbour Bridge, the Rocks, Circular City etc. Enjoy and have fun in our beautiful city !

Please cancel the Hilton and book The Tank Stream Hotel in. You won't regret it.

Modern, small, up to date, great staff. great price. Do not however book their Breakfast as across the street, on the left, is a food court with great options i.e.

Mexican Burrito Breakfast. Ten minute walk to Circular Quay.

Walk to good local restaurants.

If your ship is docked at the White Pier, you will have to Taxi or Uber there, not walkable.

The hotels in Sydney can be expensive but do keep in mind that the price you see on the website is generally the price you pay. Unlike when booking a US hotel where they ding you for a half dozen different taxes and many times a "resort fee" on top of that. I recently got a "great deal" at a San Diego hotel for $160 a night. That turned into $267 after taxes, fees and parking.:rolleyes:

Please cancel the Hilton and book The Tank Stream Hotel in. You won't regret it.

Modern, small, up to date, great staff. great price. Do not however book their Breakfast as across the street, on the left, is a food court with great options i.e.

Mexican Burrito Breakfast. Ten minute walk to Circular Quay.

Walk to good local restaurants.

If your ship is docked at the White Pier, you will have to Taxi or Uber there, not walkable.

I will check it out.

Thanks!

I will check it out.

Thanks!

Google The Tank Stream hotel on the city map and you will see it's easy proximity to Circular Quay, the Opera, Old Town, etc., etc. Yes, rooms are not America sized, but clean, up to date, again, Location, Location.

We stayed at the Travelodge Hotel Martin Place. This is a budget motel located close to Hyde Park. It is centrally located and we were able to walk to most of the attractions. If you are interested in the history of the penal colonies in Australia and have time, check out the Hyde Park Barracks Museum.The World Heritage listed Hyde Park Barracks is one of the most significant

convict sites in the world and it is only a few blocks from the hotel.

• 1 month later...

look at the megabook hotel

close enough If youre not pulling luggage