NCL Sky open bar

Scylla5433

Going on NCL sky in Aug.

It's an open bar ship. What are the brands of vodka, rum, spiced rum and gin? If their house liquor is a lower quality brand, are you able to use your 50$ ship credit for alcohol upgrades?

Thanks

Going on NCL sky in Aug.

It's an open bar ship. What are the brands of vodka, rum, spiced rum and gin? If their house liquor is a lower quality brand, are you able to use your 50$ ship credit for alcohol upgrades?

Thanks

You can use your $50 for top shelf booze.

Bar menu https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53971740&postcount=37

Mojito Bar

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53951161&postcount=3

• 1 month later...

Whilst it is certainly not inclusive of so-called "ultra-premium" booze like Grey Goose vodka or Hendricks gin, it is also not only "the cheap stuff" as others have mentioned. I am just off the Sky and Russian Standard vodka [some of the best IMO] was included as was Bombay Sapphire gin [which, though I prefer Hendricks, I will drink rather than pay extra]. Tanqueray gin was also included. Absolut and Ketel One were also included along with a variety of other name-brand choices...not just off-brand house choices though they may use those in the pre-mixed jugs of popular drinks...who knows.

• 2 months later...

On the Sky in June we were able to get Bulleit (including Rye) and Woodford. As far as scotch, there were several Johnny Walker labels, Chivas, Dewars. I didn't see any Macallan. I like Titos and it was included. The bar in the Plantation Lounge seemed to have higher end alcohol (including champagne).

• Like 1

People

Your pretty picky for free drinks.  Wow dont say that its built into the price.  I just booked for end of november for 189 for 4 night cruise with a porthole.  Ketal One Johnnie Walker Captain Morgan certainly will do.  If you want that kind of quality you shouldnt be on the Sky anyway. 

I certainly wont be looking for you

If it were only that simple.

I went last November and the pool bar was bottom of the barrel stuff with ultra premium for charge on display.  No middle ground stuff.

No Titos, No 1800, no Ketel, etc.

Literally it was Pepe’s well Tequila or Don Julio.

Now they do have these middle brands somewhere on the ship, and they are included, and maybe things changed, but I literally was a pool bum for 3 days and found this disappointing that it wasn’t readily available if I request it.

Still had a great time tho, but I am thinking next trip I will budget an extra $100 for ultra premium upgrades.

Edited by kdawg954

Ok......as I am new to NCL and used to Royal.....drinks included only include certain alcohol's....and they may not be available at some bars...or you have to pay to upgrade?

I am not a picky drinker..but will I have to check and ask each time I want a drink to make sure its included in the package?

I'm a top shelf drinker and I had absolutely no problem on the Sky in February. 

The key is to order something that has to be hand made ... you'll notice several of the drinks are pre-made in jugs.   Those weren't the bees knees, in my opinion. 

But other than that I found the Sky to be a neat little ship.   Different than the megaships, but still fun.  $189 for four nights, drinks included is a fantastic value. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, havanadaydreaming said:

I'm a top shelf drinker and I had absolutely no problem on the Sky in February. 

The key is to order something that has to be hand made ... you'll notice several of the drinks are pre-made in jugs.   Those weren't the bees knees, in my opinion. 

But other than that I found the Sky to be a neat little ship.   Different than the megaships, but still fun.  $189 for four nights, drinks included is a fantastic value. 

100% agree. I don't do "rail" liquor or pre-made drinks. 

• Like 1