Skytrain to Canada Place

Looking to take Skytrain from airport to cruise port. What is the walking distance to Canada Place from the train stop? Is it doable for dragging luggage and a hubby with bad knee?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I’ll only be dragging luggage, not hubby, lol.

I feel it is a good block and then down the parking ramp to the check in under Canada Place. Many people do it but depends on if walking is painful. One doesn't want to start a cruise with a set back from the walk. It is flat, no hills to climb. Elevator in Waterfront Station to street level. Turn Right or to the West coming out of the Station.

$35 CDN flat rate for a cab at YVR. But there can be line ups at busy times for one. Train takes 30 min or under to arrive underground to Waterfront Station.

Surface walk is 300 metres, so even with the long ramp down into Canada Place you're looking at under a quarter mile on foot from platform to luggage drop. You could easily end up walking this far from the plane to the SkyTrain at YVR depending which gate you arrive at!

In addition to CVUs note about taxi price, remember that the train costs more coming into town thanks to the $5pp AddFare applied to all tickets at YVR. Two of you still save money, but you're looking at up to $18.40 for SkyTrain (2 peak adult fares) so only saving perhaps $20 compared to the cab. Whether you feel the extra walking is worth $20 only you can answer...

Thank you for your helpful responses. I have booked an airport hotel that offers a shuttle to the ship for $20 pp and wondered if Skytrain would be easier/faster.

What day of the week is it? Weekends and after 6:30 PM are cheaper they are Sr. or Adult fare 1 zone only. Train runs on off hours every 12-15 min compared to every 7 min.

https://www.translink.ca/Fares-and-Passes/Fare-Pricing.aspx

Depends on how close your hotel is to a train station. If it is YVR or the next 2 stations from YVR-Sea Island and Templeton- going by the Hotel shuttle then add $5 for the Transit Surcharge.

It could be faster by train but you have the walk to do which Martincath mentioned.

With a bad knee it maybe too much. Plus, pulling the luggage.

If the shuttle from the hotel will drop you at the door for $40 total it is probably the same cost by cab. It is a flat rate "only From" YVR of $35 to the pier but there is sometimes a long line for cabs.

The train is underground so no doubt faster with no traffic or lights to deal with. But you have the Walk.

Looking to take Skytrain from airport to cruise port. What is the walking distance to Canada Place from the train stop? Is it doable for dragging luggage and a hubby with bad knee?

Walk out of Skytrain station onto Cordova Street - turn right and follow for two blocks to Howe Street. Turn right and you will be on last block to Canada Place (passing Sky Train Entrance) on the way down this block. I'm a senior with knee problems but managed with my rolling suitcase(25") and a small carry on. Giant suitcases might be a problem. Cheap and fast transport.

Thank you for your helpful responses. I have booked an airport hotel that offers a shuttle to the ship for $20 pp and wondered if Skytrain would be easier/faster.

A senior ticket is only $8.00 I think. Goggle to see if this is correct.

A senior ticket is only $8.00 I think. Goggle to see if this is correct.

$7.90 on Weekdays and before 6:30 PM.

$6.90 on Weekends and after 6:30 with adding on the $5 YVR BC Transit Surcharge.

Credit, debit or up to $20 CDN bill to give you change, in the machine to buy your ticket. IF you just want to tap a Visa or Mastercard-- using one card each-- to get to the train through the gate it will charge you Adult fare but if there is a long line at the machines it maybe worth it?