I'm curious - when do you get to the port and why?

Do you prefer being among the first to board? One of the last to board? Somewhere in the middle?

Perhaps you vary depending on Embarkation terminal?

This is my second cruise and I have picked the earliest slot available, 9:30-10:00 arrival.

My previous cruise was my first and my travel partner and I flew in the day of, arriving at the terminal around 11:30 and we were onboard by 1PM.

Earlier is preferred especially if you have dining reservations shore excursions etc. loose ends that need

adjustment alteration a chance to check on your cabin if available to see if the arrangement is what you want.

And why of course to start the sail-away party early.

On the larger ships nice to have more time to get familiar with the layout - find out where the dead ends and

areas of congestion are to avoid.

Early is much better to relax and not feel rushed.

Arriving late and run here and there - do this do that - OH the muster drill but I need a sail-away cocktail -

are we there yet too late for dinner reservations - lines too long - a hundred and one reasons to up the

blood pressure - some folks thrive on this sort of thing - NOT ME !

We like to get on as early as possible.

1) Enjoy the hustle and bustle at dock.

2) Get the party started.

3 Enjoy that first adult beverage.

4) Lunch before the multitude of pax show up.

5) Change/make dinner/show reservations.

6) Yes it is great watching the ship come alive.

7) Beats sitting at the hotel.

Generally later in the day so there is no queuing, and because I can spend the morning looking around the departure port (if it's not somewhere I'm familiar with). I'm going early to Southampton though, because I've just turned platinum and want to enjoy the comfy waiting facility.

I like late. Short waits to check in. Room more likely to be ready. Public areas clog up with people and their bags, no thanks. Same for getting off, the ship provides virtually no services.

Same here if we have been on the ship before new ships we tend to go earlier. With NCL if we don't have a suite we have had to lug our carry on bag around so better chance cabin is ready later as well.

As for reservations booked in advance but want to be sure we are all set well I'll wait in line I guess. It's like this go early wait on the dock go late wait for dining :) six of one half dozen of the other :).

We try and arrive by 10AM and board as early as possible .
Same here. We want to have full day of enjoyment.

If embarkation port is of interest for us we try to arrive 1-2 days before or spend time there afterwards

Usually later - around mid day works for me. We usually have a hotel and I like to take my time that morning before checking out and then arriving at port. We took a tour/transfer service from Anchorage to Seward and arrived at the ship around 2pm which was great. No lines, no waiting.

I also agree with those in favor of early arrival. If you enjoy gong to the spa throughout the week, there are also specials you can book on board which have limited amounts of spaces (such as thermal suite packages). Giving yourself the gift of a few hours also allows you to find a good sail away spot, a chance to get used to the layout of the ship, even a short nap if needed :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Are all the dining rooms open for lunch on departure day ? I will be sailing on the Bliss . and would be a great place to get our group to meet up at :cool:

We arrive around 11 and are usually on board Btwn 11:30-45. I like to get there early bc I can’t wait to get started!! We enjoy having lunch in MDR and then exploring the ship.

I have 25 cruises under my belt. First 23 cruises I’d get to the port around 10-10:30 and be amongst the first on, for many of the reasons listed by others. The last two cruises, I ended up sleeping in at my pre-cruise hotel, and got to the ports around noon. No waiting in line, and I was able to walk right on the ship after checking in at both Miami (Escape December 17) and Barcelona (Epic July 18). I’ll aim for noon in the future. I find Vibe overrated and I like not having to wait around.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums