Least favorite food on NCL???

cruiseagona

Someone did a favorite foods thread, so I'm doing the reverse. What foods will you pass up on NCL. I'll start. I can not stand all the desserts made with gelatin, from the chocolate orange mousse to the mousse type cakes. Why can't they do it the way the french do and use whipped cream to thicken, not gelatin? Complaint over ;p

Someone did a favorite foods thread, so I'm doing the reverse. What foods will you pass up on NCL. I'll start. I can not stand all the desserts made with gelatin, from the chocolate orange mousse to the mousse type cakes. Why can't they do it the way the french do and use whipped cream to thicken, not gelatin? Complaint over ;p

Because whipped cream doesn't have the stability that gelatin has and gelatin has a longer shelf life.

Most of my taste is in my mouth, so I'll chime in. Probably just personal taste:

1) The lobster bisque in Moderno always sounds good but doesn't come up to its billing for me. (I actually like Moderno and will miss it when I'm on the Bliss in October...)

2) I had cold escargot in Le Bistro. They were served cold, I sent them back, and then came back lukewarm. Usually I love them.

3) The big cakes in the Garden Cafe. They always look like they were attacked by Edward Scissorhands. Not appealing at all to me.

I cannot stand chicken fish and meat dishes .Everything else is fine.

I don’t know about the least favorite, but the ham and cheese sandwiches at the lunchtime buffet are stupendous!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow, a "stupendous" ham and cheese sandwich? What was so special about it, if I may ask?

I agree with the opinions re: the powdered eggs...yuck!

I think all of the desserts in the buffet are my least favorite things, after the eggs. They look gorgeous and yet there's no flavor whatsoever.

My taste may be low brow but I hate lamb, escargot, duck on every line no matter how fantastic it's supposed to be.

Paid premium for elevated class on another line and the designated dining room seemed to have an abundance of those three every night lol. Never again.

And yes, the scrambled eggs on every line on not so great...can't stand runny eggs whether powdered or not.

I definitely agree with this. Can't have scrambled eggs onboard because I think they use the powdered stuff (even in the dining room) and the texture isn't right!

You can get freshly scrambled (real) eggs fresh from the shell if you order them at the omelet station. They'll make fried eggs over easy, too, or any other way you like them.

My taste may be low brow but I hate lamb, escargot, duck on every line no matter how fantastic it's supposed to be.

Paid premium for elevated class on another line and the designated dining room seemed to have an abundance of those three every night lol. Never again.

And yes, the scrambled eggs on every line on not so great...can't stand runny eggs whether powdered or not.

If the eggs are cooked through, they are overdone..

I definitely agree with this. Can't have scrambled eggs onboard because I think they use the powdered stuff (even in the dining room) and the texture isn't right!

I don't believe that they are powdered, but there is no doubt that they are from a carton (which is not uncommon even ashore), but the biggest problem with them is that they are under cooked.

The MDR breakfast hashbrown potatoes. Kind of like a too oniony McDonalds hash brown patty. I started getting the country potatoes after one try of them.

NO! I love them. Greasy, fried, potatoey disks of salty deliciousness.

Sent from my iPad using Forums