Purchasing Internet Min without Package

mrsmagoo1

I do not plan on using the internet on our upcoming Escape cruise so the internet package isn't worth it for me. Am I still able to purchase internet at the computer lab on a per minute basis? We would likely want to check email once during the trip for anything important for a few min.

Depending on your carrier, you may want to just use your cell when in port. I have TravelPass on my work cell and I get my normal domestic minutes/data for 24-hours for a $5 charge in Canada and Mexico, or for $10 in 126 other countries. I also put International Day Pass on my and my wife’s personal cells and it is $10/day in any covered country. Both of these plans are free to sign up. You only get charged once you make a call, send a text, or use data in one of the countries, and the charge gets you access for 24 hours.

Many people are not aware of these new plans, so check out your cell provider’s website.

I use it to check on my work emails 2 times per day, then a quick check on the usual personal websites. I never buy the package, pay by the minute.

It usually runs me $20 per 7 day cruise, $30 if I have something I have to take care of at work.