Advice on disembarking one day early on a transatlantic

crooser888

Hello everyone,

I am looking for advice about disembarking one day early on a NCL transatlantic next April, specifically the Breakway 12 day leaving NYC on April 27, 2019 for 12 days ending in Southampton.

On the 11th day, the ship stops in Le Havre, France and we would like to disembark as we are going to spend time in that northwest region of France. That would allow us to avoid the cruise portion on the last evening (May 8) from Le Havre to disembark in Southampton morning of May 9th, and not have to travel back over the Channel to France. We would pay for the entire 12 day voyage but just want to miss the last 12 hours of the cruise and disembark early.

I called NCL and the representative told me I cannot disembark early as the ship may not stop there. While I understand any cruiseline can cancel any stop for whatever reason, we would be prepared to continue to Southampton if it does not stop in Le Havre. I was recently on the Royal Princess on a British Isles cruise and know they allow it as I spoke to some passengers who were headed to Paris from Le Havre - but I know this is another cruise line and they all do things differently.

We would appreciate any advice on just walking off that last day in Le Havre and not telling them, since they won't "officially" let us disembark.

Thank you.

I did this once a few years ago. I wanted to get off in Guernsey and not the UK.

I debated which way to do it and finally ended up working with the Concierge and getting approval. It all worked out.

We had done passport control while at sea the day before so they were filled in on the plan.

I have returned to Europe each year since and nothing ever comes up as if they are still looking for us:)

Hello everyone,

I am looking for advice about disembarking one day early on a NCL transatlantic next April, specifically the Breakway 12 day leaving NYC on April 27, 2019 for 12 days ending in Southampton.

On the 11th day, the ship stops in Le Havre, France and we would like to disembark as we are going to spend time in that northwest region of France. That would allow us to avoid the cruise portion on the last evening (May 8) from Le Havre to disembark in Southampton morning of May 9th, and not have to travel back over the Channel to France. We would pay for the entire 12 day voyage but just want to miss the last 12 hours of the cruise and disembark early.

I called NCL and the representative told me I cannot disembark early as the ship may not stop there. While I understand any cruiseline can cancel any stop for whatever reason, we would be prepared to continue to Southampton if it does not stop in Le Havre. I was recently on the Royal Princess on a British Isles cruise and know they allow it as I spoke to some passengers who were headed to Paris from Le Havre - but I know this is another cruise line and they all do things differently.

We would appreciate any advice on just walking off that last day in Le Havre and not telling them, since they won't "officially" let us disembark.

Thank you.

Just ask at customer service once your on the ship. It is not an uncommon request, if they can make it happen they will. I don't think it is a problem.

I have done this before, the call center in Miami is hopeless with answering this question. When I have asked them they have said they have to contact the ship and forward the question to them.

They may ask to hold on to your passport the day before so they can present it to authorities when they clear the ship so it can be stamped. All that happens behind the scenes.

Hello everyone,

Thank you.

I'm not sure why you think they won't let you leave a day early. You are doing a TA, and the rules that you think prevent you from leaving do not apply. Contact NCL and make arrangements. Do not rely on what a phone rep tells you, you can easily do what you want. If you just walk off you are going to run into customs and immigration issues.

Go through the right channels, Tell NCL on the phone and in writing what you want to do. Then get everything confirmed by talking to the person in charge of migration details. (Can't think of the proper name but he/she looks after all passport and similar details)

Thanks to everyone for the very useful advice. Since this trip is still in the early planning stages, I agree with getting agreement in writing from NCL to allow us to disembark early and also being prepared to go on to Southampton if the ship does not stop in Le Havre for some reason.

Does anyone know what ncl is like if you need to disembark early on any itinerary for example due to a family emergency? Is this possible as it can’t be planned for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what ncl is like if you need to disembark early on any itinerary for example due to a family emergency? Is this possible as it can’t be planned for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have done it where I have had a business meeting that was moved up and needed to cut short my cruise. It was on the Jade and I ended up getting off the cruise in Istanbul before the ship returned to Italy. The call centre keep saying it was an issue that they would need to contact the ship for and it was difficult to get an answer from the call centre. However once on the ship they were very accommodating.