POA Pre-cruise hotel

Beachiekeen

My family is booking a cruise in a suite on Pride of America for November 2019 in the coming weeks. We plan to spend Wed.-Sat. on Oahu. It appears we get a free pre-cruise hotel as a perk. I really don't want to have to pack up and move for a free night, is there any way to get OBC in its place? And if not, has anyone stayed two nights and then moved? And lastly, does anyone know what the current hotel is NCL is using? I had read somewhere that possibly it has changed from the Marriott to Hilton Hawaiian Village, neither of which we will stay in for the 2 nights prior as my in-laws want to be closer to the beach. TIA.

Edited by Beachiekeen

I don’t know which hotel NCL uses, but the Hilton Hawaiian Village is on the beach. It also has its own lagoon. We stayed there a few years ago before our POA cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are cruising in November 2018 with NCL's pre-cruise hotel stay. We were orignially booked to stay at the Marriott but a couple of months ago they changed us to the Hilton Hawaiian. There was no explanation but as we have never stayed at either one we don't know if it's better or worse. Either way, it's Hawaii....

On a side note, we have also booked the Pearl Harbor excursion with hotel drop-off post-cruise. It is still saying the ONLY hotel they will take you to is the Marriott.

I don’t know which hotel NCL uses, but the Hilton Hawaiian Village is on the beach. It also has its own lagoon. We stayed there a few years ago before our POA cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah but it's not really in the heart of Waikiki (neither is the Marriott). We will probably not rent a car and I want to reduce the amount of walking my in-laws have to do. But for one night it's ok I guess. I just wish there was another perk besides this one.

We are cruising in November 2018 with NCL's pre-cruise hotel stay. We were orignially booked to stay at the Marriott but a couple of months ago they changed us to the Hilton Hawaiian. There was no explanation but as we have never stayed at either one we don't know if it's better or worse. Either way, it's Hawaii....

On a side note, we have also booked the Pearl Harbor excursion with hotel drop-off post-cruise. It is still saying the ONLY hotel they will take you to is the Marriott.

I think you are the one I got the information from. I can't wait to hear all about your trip, especially since you are going at the same time of year! :) We are considering that post-cruise excursion also. At least in a year, it should all be switched, I'm just not sure it's all going to match up when we book in a month or so. When do you get the information on the hotel, right after you book or is it later?