emancipation and somers day - taxis? Minibuses?

eegad

Has anyone been to Bermuda during these big summer holidays? Just realized they are this week, when we'll be there. How is it getting out of dockyard?? I realize busses are on reduced schedule. Are taxis still plentiful??? How do thousands of passengers get to and from the beaches if not?

Has anyone been to Bermuda during these big summer holidays? Just realized they are this week, when we'll be there. How is it getting out of dockyard?? I realize busses are on reduced schedule. Are taxis still plentiful??? How do thousands of passengers get to and from the beaches if not?

I've got the same question for Labour day. It's the next public holiday after the 2 next week. Is everything closed? I thought I saw where even the Swizzle Inn closes for holidays.

I have always checked for Bermuda holidays before booking and not booked those days but if I were there for this one, Cup Match I would go to the match. It would be very interesting to attend a big local event like that. The match is in Somerset, relatively close to the Dockyard. I have read that they have a special visitors section with guides to explain what is happening. If there was one Bermuda holiday I would be tempted to be in Bermuda for it would be to attend the match for a few hours.

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned. Transportation wasn't much of an issue during the holidays. Taxis and minibuses seemed to be running as usual. The only negative was that some of the early busses weren't running, so we had to take a minibus to Warwick rather than the regular 8:50 (I think) bus.

Just returned. Transportation wasn't much of an issue during the holidays. Taxis and minibuses seemed to be running as usual. The only negative was that some of the early busses weren't running, so we had to take a minibus to Warwick rather than the regular 8:50 (I think) bus.

I think transportation on the holiday is what everyone wants to know. Thanks for reporting a back. This is the biggest Bermuda holiday so other holidays should be similar for minibuses and taxis. Public buses run on a holiday schedule on Sundays and Holidays which is less frequent and the early buses don’t run as you noted.