My plans for Bermuda - Need advice!

michelle028

Hi Friends,

Going on a cruise here in a few weeks on NCL Dawn. We are docking on Sunday 1pm and leaving on Tuesday. Travelling with my parents, sister and my 82 year old grandma.

So far this is what I have:

Sunday - 1pm arrival - go to Horseshoe Bay and spend the day

Monday - morning take NCL ferry to St. Georges, walk around the town and then go to Tobacco Bay, go back to ship and change and relax for a bit

Afternoon: I was thinking about going to Hamilton but what is the easiest way to get there from the cruise ship dock, would public transportation be easy with Grandma? She is mobile. Would it be 1 straight bus? How much would it cost per person?

Tuesday - Explore Royal Navel Dockyard, go to Snorkel Park, I don't know what else to do...ships leaves at 5pm

Ok I'm just brainstorming some ideas. Any suggestions would be great. First time for us in Bermuda.

I would be open to a short tour (like 2 hours) as well, how much do you think it would be? Its grandma's first cruise so just don't want her to get too tired.

Thanks for any advice/help!

On Sunday, you'll be spending the rest of the day at Horseshoe.

On Monday, you'll take the NCL ferry to St George's. The first ferry departs at 8:45am, by 9:45am you'll be off the ferry and starting your tour. Take a taxi or shuttle (if available) to Tobacco Bay. A ferry departs St George's to the Dockyard at 12pm, the next departs at 2:30pm. I would have lunch in St George's.

I don't see any need to return to the cruise ship. You should go directly to Hamilton by bus (fare $4.50 p/p) or taxi (fare about $47 plus tip). From Hamilton, you would take the ferry to the Dockyard. The fare is $4.50 token p/p.

On Tuesday, there is time to take a private tour. The cost would be $70/hour plus tip, minimum of 3 hours. If you start early, there is enough time to do a longer tour and still get back in time for departure.

You are not doing too much but you want to minimize travel time.

SBtS

On Sunday, you'll be spending the rest of the day at Horseshoe.

On Monday, you'll take the NCL ferry to St George's. The first ferry departs at 8:45am, by 9:45am you'll be off the ferry and starting your tour. Take a taxi or shuttle (if available) to Tobacco Bay. A ferry departs St George's to the Dockyard at 12pm, the next departs at 2:30pm. I would have lunch in St George's.

I don't see any need to return to the cruise ship. You should go directly to Hamilton by bus (fare $4.50 p/p) or taxi (fare about $47 plus tip). From Hamilton, you would take the ferry to the Dockyard. The fare is $4.50 token p/p.

On Tuesday, there is time to take a private tour. The cost would be $70/hour plus tip, minimum of 3 hours. If you start early, there is enough time to do a longer tour and still get back in time for departure.

You are not doing too much but you want to minimize travel time.

SBtS

Great advice thanks! By chance do you know how much it would be to take bus from the Navel dockyard to Hamilton in case we decide to go on the first day we arrive?

Great advice thanks! By chance do you know how much it would be to take bus from the Navel dockyard to Hamilton in case we decide to go on the first day we arrive?

You should take the ferry from Dockyard to Hamilton. The bus or ferry is $4.50 each ride if you buy tokens. For sale at the Visitor Information Center in the cruise terminal. Or $5 if your use cash. Buses require exact change in coins if you use cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the helpful info!

Also how long does the Ferry ride take compared to bus from the Dockyard to Hamilton?

and....What are your must sees in Hamilton? ie walking distance from the ferry dock

Edited by michelle028
to add one more question

Ferry takes 20 minutes. Bus takes almost one hour with MANY stops! Hamilton to Elbow Beach is about 3 miles You can take the #7 bus for $2.75 each one way or you could take a taxi which would probably be cheaper for your family. I don't think you would want to walk.

Ferry takes 20 minutes. Bus takes almost one hour with MANY stops! Hamilton to Elbow Beach is about 3 miles You can take the #7 bus for $2.75 each one way or you could take a taxi which would probably be cheaper for your family. I don't think you would want to walk.

You might confuse the original poster with your answer because you'e answered two different questions from different posts in one paragraph without making it clear which answer applies to which question/post.

The "Ferry takes 20 minutes. Bus takes almost an hour..." answer applies to the trip between Dockyard and Hamilton.

The "You can take the #7 bus for $2.75 each one way or you could take a taxi which would probably be cheaper for your family. I don't think you would want to walk" answer applies to the trip between Hamilton and Elbow Beach.

You might confuse the original poster with your answer because you'e answered two different questions from different posts in one paragraph without making it clear which answer applies to which question/post.

The "Ferry takes 20 minutes. Bus takes almost an hour..." answer applies to the trip between Dockyard and Hamilton.

The "You can take the #7 bus for $2.75 each one way or you could take a taxi which would probably be cheaper for your family. I don't think you would want to walk" answer applies to the trip between Hamilton and Elbow Beach.

How much would a taxi cost for 5 people from Hamilton ferry dock to Elbow beach one way?

(Trying to decide whether to stick it out directly on the bus for 45 min at once from the Dockyard or take a ferry and then taxi or bus.)

Edited by michelle028
to add one more question

Hi Friends,

Going on a cruise here in a few weeks on NCL Dawn. We are docking on Sunday 1pm and leaving on Tuesday. Travelling with my parents, sister and my 82 year old grandma.

So far this is what I have:

Sunday - 1pm arrival - go to Horseshoe Bay and spend the day

Monday - morning take NCL ferry to St. Georges, walk around the town and then go to Tobacco Bay, go back to ship and change and relax for a bit

Afternoon: I was thinking about going to Hamilton but what is the easiest way to get there from the cruise ship dock, would public transportation be easy with Grandma? She is mobile. Would it be 1 straight bus? How much would it cost per person?

Tuesday - Explore Royal Navel Dockyard, go to Snorkel Park, I don't know what else to do...ships leaves at 5pm

Ok I'm just brainstorming some ideas. Any suggestions would be great. First time for us in Bermuda.

I would be open to a short tour (like 2 hours) as well, how much do you think it would be? Its grandma's first cruise so just don't want her to get too tired.

Thanks for any advice/help!

My wife and I have been to Bermuda 12 times . We love Hamilton the most . Traveling between areas during the week is best by ferry because the buses tend to be very crowded ,although it is likely that somebody will offer a seat to your grandma.

We have only been on cruises that docked in Hamilton and took the ferry to other areas You can get an all day pass that can be used on the ferry or buses. It is not expensive.

Whatever you do ,enjoy.

How much would a taxi cost for 5 people from Hamilton ferry dock to Elbow beach one way?

(Trying to decide whether to stick it out directly on the bus for 45 min at once from the Dockyard or take a ferry and then taxi or bus.)

For 5 - 7 passengers I estimate the Monday to Saturday taxi fare to be about $17 plus tip.