Now I've read it all

drumtech77

Ok, please read this with a "I'm on vacation and my guard is down" attitude. From another cruise message board I was reading a thread about the voyager > oasis class ships with promenade view rooms.

People specifically get the interior view or interior balcony view rooms specifically for peeping into other cabins. Apparently people forget others are directly across from them, walk around in the buff and SLEEZE BAGS post the pictures on the internet.

OMG, who would not realize you need to close your curtains. Well, I guess their guard is down. If this is in fact true. It is totally deplorable and disgusting juvenile behavior.

The only good thing is , if the were to look into my cabin when I was in my birthday suit. I suppose that would be punishment enough.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ok, please read this with a "I'm on vacation and my guard is down" attitude. From another cruise message board I was reading a thread about the voyager > oasis class ships with promenade view rooms.

People specifically get the interior view or interior balcony view rooms specifically for peeping into other cabins. Apparently people forget others are directly across from them, walk around in the buff and SLEEZE BAGS post the pictures on the internet.

OMG, who would not realize you need to close your curtains. Well, I guess their guard is down. If this is in fact true. It is totally deplorable and disgusting juvenile behavior.

The only good thing is , if the were to look into my cabin when I was in my birthday suit. I suppose that would be punishment enough.

It is true, you can see into other's cabins through the windows unless the curtains are closed.

Um, let's go back over 25 years to our very first cruise in an ocean view.

We were not in port, we were out to sea. DH and I took a shower and exited the bathroom. We were still out to sea, and nothing was out there but the window washers on scaffolding!! :eek:

Dh and I still laugh about that to this day.

We were not in port, we were out to sea. DH and I took a shower and exited the bathroom. We were still out to sea, and nothing was out there but the window washers on scaffolding!! :eek:

I came out of the shower and found the pilot boat bobbing outside my window :D

Edited by SnowshoeCat

Apparently some people need to get a life. If they go on a cruise and sit and look into others cabins across the way, to see what others are doing . . . . .

I have much better things to do on my vacation.

MY BIL had one of these cabins.....He was NOT looking INTO other cabins, he was looking out his own window. Some people book these cabins for the "rush" of showing off and/or teasing.

Just like the beaches on St. Martin...don't look...some things cannot be unseen.:eek:

OH my, that reminded me of a story when we were walking past Orient Beach.......I'll keep my mouth shut on that one until we can share a drink with you!! :eek::eek:

Edited by Ocean Dancer

Not limited to cruise ships. Its a window thing.

On our honeymoon 26 years ago we were on an upper floor in a nice hotel in Hawaii. Hotel was in an L configuration. We got into our room, and opened the curtain to check out the view. Nice beach view to the right. To the left a Japanese couple had the room across the 'L' from us and down a floor, and lets just say they were "on display at a delicate moment". Our curtains stayed shut after that even though there was a nice beach view to the right. DW was taking no chances.

A friend of mine had this happen on a Uniworld Europe river cruise, and the window where the naked lady was in the boat (not ship in the case?) that was lined up beside them was directly opposite the dinning room on their boat and it was dinner time. . About 50 people on that side of the dinning room saw her. poor darling.

Reminds me of my second cruise. The dock in Miami was opposite the RCCL offices. After we got to our cabin I was standing in front of the window changing my top, and saw a nice lady at a desk opposite me making discreet "close the curtains" motions with her hands.

Some people aren't sleazes about this kind of stuff: thank you, Nice Lady!