Anyone with experiance filing a claim with the cruise insurance?

So my sister and aunt were supposed to board Adventure today for a 14 night trip, but, my aunt slipped and broke her shoulder. They just left the hospital on their way to catch a flight home. They DID get the cruise insurance offered through Royal Caribbean. Does anyone have any experience with this? They are keeping all their receipts. Any recommendations they should do? Will they have any issues with their claim?

Thank you in advance.

My aunt's shoulder will need surgery :( no fun for them.

Hopefully they have already notified the insurance company and Royal Caribbean to cancel the cruise. It is not automatic. If they had notified the insurance, they would have been emailed or faxed paperwork to be completed by the treating physician.

They have hopefully cancelled the cruise. We had to cancel a cruise the night before. RCI gave me a number to call and the insurance company e-mailed me the forms. I filled them out, had the doctor fill out the form, sent all they wanted to the insurance company. We got everything back except the cost of the insurance.

I hope your aunt recovers quickly.

They have hopefully cancelled the cruise. We had to cancel a cruise the night before. RCI gave me a number to call and the insurance company e-mailed me the forms. I filled them out, had the doctor fill out the form, sent all they wanted to the insurance company. We got everything back except the cost of the insurance.

I hope your aunt recovers quickly.

Thank you!!

They called first thing this morning, ship sailing today. They were waiting for the surgeon to confirm she needed surgery before they canceled, but, they did and they are on their way home.

Thank you for the info!

I had to cancel a cruise a few weeks prior to sailing because of an unexpected medical diagnosis. I had to provide pages and pages of medical information to the (Rccl) insurance carrier. I was given a full refund of our cruise fare. We didn’t have any any other cruise charges to recoup but anything like a beverage package or pre paid tips would also have been refunded. It took 4 or so weeks for the refund.

Good luck OP

M

So, I have info on cancelling and getting reimbursed and just cancelling. 1st, we had a B2B in a GS in 2009. Had to have eye surgery 1 week before going. Cancelled. Got the paperwork and took it to the doctor. Insurance paid for everything except my privately booked excursions. Those I was able to cancel through the tour operator. 2nd time was just a few weeks ago. Had insurance but didn't cancel for a reason that was coverable - DH now has cancer. For some reason I had it in my little head that we would be back on Sunday from our B2B. Scheduled chemo for Monday when we were back. Realized that we weren't getting off on Sunday so disembarked Friday from the first cruise after telling guest services and our stateroom attendant we wouldn't be sailing. Even though our reason wasn't covered by insurance, we received prepaid excursions and drink package costs back directly from RCCL a few days after cancelling.

I did twice and my TA handled it, all I had to get was the death certificate. She did all the rest. She even canceled my flights for me and got my FF miles back and I didn't even book flights with her. It took about six weeks to get it all back. That's why I have used the same TA for 30 years.